40 replies to this topic

#1 Sixteen W's

Sixteen W's

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yes, I know he's a centre, but we've seen Roy play on the wing despite specifically being acquired to play centre. And the team had its best game recently so keep that lineup, but this is in case of injuries.

Lapierre's been a better player during the playoffs than the regular season. The Sedins can generate scoring chance with anybody, and they need players that can bury these chances.
For example, Kassian has played with everyone in our lineup, and he's been average to terrible with anyone but the Sedins.

Lapierre has a very good shootout record (6/11 career, 3/4 in his last four), which makes me think he could do a decent job at burying chances. He agitates, he's physical, and he can be clutch. He's at least worth a look with the Sedins in the future.
Posted Image

#2 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Lapierre is one of our best faceoff guys. We already have Burrows/Kassian to play with the Sedins and can produce.

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,835 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, no thanks. We need him in the bottom 6 and we already have a couple of guys who can play there.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Maybe if it was earlier in the season, but not enough time now to develop chemistry. He is one of our best Centers so we need him to play that role, and he looked great last game with Hansen and Raymond.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#5 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Lappy is not a top line player. I wonder if AV has tried ROY yet....

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#6 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

It didn't work in last years playoffs, so I see know reason to give it another chance.

zackass.png

#7 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yes, I know he's a centre, but we've seen Roy play on the wing despite specifically being acquired to play centre. And the team had its best game recently so keep that lineup, but this is in case of injuries.

Lapierre's been a better player during the playoffs than the regular season. The Sedins can generate scoring chance with anybody, and they need players that can bury these chances.
For example, Kassian has played with everyone in our lineup, and he's been average to terrible with anyone but the Sedins.

Lapierre has a very good shootout record (6/11 career, 3/4 in his last four), which makes me think he could do a decent job at burying chances. He agitates, he's physical, and he can be clutch. He's at least worth a look with the Sedins in the future.

Oh! Oh! I know! Lets put all of our centers on wings!

#8 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

good idea, maybe not right time?

#9 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,249 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

He's not even a 2nd line player, not sure how he would do on the 1st then. But yeah, keep him in the bottom 6 where he's more effective.

307mg00.jpg

#10 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Canucks don't have the depth to replace him in the bottom 6.

#11 Sixteen W's

Sixteen W's

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yeah this would probably have been better for earlier in the season.
Posted Image

#12 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

good idea, maybe not right time?

Considering our centre depth, I'd say bad idea, no time.

#13 sgt. grumbles

sgt. grumbles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Lapierre is a good two way centre, but shouldn't be in the top six. He doesn't have the amount of scoring touch to compliment the playmaking and passing of the Sedins.

#14 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Might be a nice idea to reward him for his good play but ONLY if Roy moves back down to the 3rd line. Ebbet isn't good enough to be in our lineup, let alone as the 3rd line center.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#15 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

No
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#16 redhdlois

redhdlois

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing him centre Raymond and Hansen tonight

#17 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think that would be cool and we would score alot but i would love him to center the 3rd in the playoffs

#18 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,687 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Considering our centre depth, I'd say bad idea, no time.

What do you mean the Canucks have tons of centre depth (Henrik, Kesler, Roy, Lappy, Schroeder, Ebbet) so we can afford to play a centre a wing but I agree this is a bad idea. Lapierre is more effective in the playoffs as a third line checker/pest, ala vintage Kesler or Dave Bolland.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#19 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Only if I'm next.

Lapierre with the Sedins............don't you think AV's line selections are eccentric enough?
Kevin.jpg

#20 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

He has his worst year as a canuck and now you want to put him on the first line?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#21 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

We need him as our 3rd line center.

#22 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

He has his worst year as a canuck and now you want to put him on the first line?

How is it his worst year, he has 10 points when after 75 games last year he had 12 points, Im sure if he had established wingers who could play and keep up to him unlike sestito he would be much better, that is why i think he will do well with hansen

#23 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Lapierre can be a good third-line center if he's got the wingers to back him up, put him with Hansen and Weise and tell them just to shut down the other team with skating and physicality.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#24 Easton76

Easton76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

We need him in the 3rd/4th line center role but I wouldn't mind seeing it for a few shifts.

Shanahan went soft on Keith.

Keith is a pretty ugly dude after all....

#25 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Say wha?? Lapierre has hands of stones. Yeah, he skates well and hits but those hands man.

The Thing has softer hands than Max.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#26 sgt. grumbles

sgt. grumbles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Say wha?? Lapierre has hands of stones. Yeah, he skates well and hits but those hands man.

He's a plumber. He's quick to get his hands dirty and do the job but he has no finesse.

#27 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

If you mean moving up to the 3rd line, then yes. If you mean moving on up to the top two lines, then no.. lol Lappy should have been our 3rd line center all season long, but for some weird reason he's been stuck on the 4th line. Next season I hope we re-sign Lappy and put him on the 3rd and we get a fourth line center that can be gritty and win faceoffs.. Konopka anyone, and Stoner for let's say Ballard? Yes, it could work! :excl: :excl:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#28 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

I guess you haven't seen his shootout moves, slick hands better than Hansen.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#29 SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Lapierre has been highly effective as a replacement player when Daniel's been injured. The Lapierre-Henrik-Burrows line produced quite well in 2011-12. But Sedin-Sedin-Lapierre has been equally ineffective. I'm not exactly sure why, other than the fact that Henrik plays a different game when he's without Daniel from what he does when they're together.

The stats are pretty clear, however, and without posting a bunch of numbers, suffice to say that Henrik+Lappy=good and Daniel+Lappy=bad.

OK, I can't just leave it at that. For those who enjoy looking at the actual numbers, please open the following spoiler:

Spoiler

So basically, Lapierre should only "get a turn with the Sedins" when it's with one Sedin, and only if that Sedin is named Henrik. Since this only would happen if Daniel was injured (or AV broke-up the twins because they were struggling), I don't think it's something anyone should hope for.

As others have said, Lapierre is more valuable (and is truly needed, considering the roster) playing his natural role and position centering one of the lines in the bottom-six and working on one of the PK units.

#30 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

This. One shootout goal in slow motion and suddenly he's a great player. He's been mostly awful this year. I say we don't even bother to re-sign him when the time comes. Betcha nobody else does either, certainly not for the money he will expect. I guarantee if he is in the NHL with another team next year it will be at a significant discount. We will probably keep him for too much money because MG likes to have lots of mouthy rats that dive on his team. The playoffs will make the decision for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.