The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lapierre should get a turn with the Sedins

Sixteen W's

Yes, I know he's a centre, but we've seen Roy play on the wing despite specifically being acquired to play centre. And the team had its best game recently so keep that lineup, but this is in case of injuries.

Lapierre's been a better player during the playoffs than the regular season. The Sedins can generate scoring chance with anybody, and they need players that can bury these chances.

For example, Kassian has played with everyone in our lineup, and he's been average to terrible with anyone but the Sedins.

Lapierre has a very good shootout record (6/11 career, 3/4 in his last four), which makes me think he could do a decent job at burying chances. He agitates, he's physical, and he can be clutch. He's at least worth a look with the Sedins in the future.

Yes, I know he's a centre, but we've seen Roy play on the wing despite specifically being acquired to play centre. And the team had its best game recently so keep that lineup, but this is in case of injuries.

Lapierre's been a better player during the playoffs than the regular season. The Sedins can generate scoring chance with anybody, and they need players that can bury these chances.

For example, Kassian has played with everyone in our lineup, and he's been average to terrible with anyone but the Sedins.

Lapierre has a very good shootout record (6/11 career, 3/4 in his last four), which makes me think he could do a decent job at burying chances. He agitates, he's physical, and he can be clutch. He's at least worth a look with the Sedins in the future.

Archived