Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yete

Should the canucks rest players on Saturday

67 posts in this topic

today the ducks are resting some of there key guys

on saturday we play the oilers in a game of nothing means nothing in the standings for us

I think the canucks should rest of there guys for this game what do you think????

i mean why shouldn't they rest some of the guys its the oilers the game means nothing!

I'd rather just played. Kes and Roy need to develop as much chemistry before the playoffs start.

I guess so, pointless game, but it would be good to get a win streak going before the playoffs to build up momentum. Hank won't rest cause his ironman streak, Kesler's been out for so long he's still getting in game shape. Hasn't really practiced a lot so he needs these last couple games. I would say Schneider (injured), maybe Burrows, Hansen, Garrison/ Hamhuis?

On a home game no, they owe it to the paying customers. Since Sat is an away game, most definitely. I would rest any player who wants to or is in any form of discomfort. Special attention to injury prone players like Kesler should be automatic sit outs.

If guys need/want rest cool. If they want to play, I'm good with that too. Last game vs the oil, who cares, as long as nobody gets hurt.

Sure, why not! Win or lose, we'll still likely finish 3rd in the Western Conference. We already have 5 notable players out right now.

On a home game no, they owe it to the paying customers. Since Sat is an away game, most definitely. I would rest any player who wants to or is in any form of discomfort. Special attention to injury prone players like Kesler should be automatic sit outs.

Play the bottom 6 more during the game. Rest some guys with nagging injuries.

no because there are 18000 fans who paid money to the game and benching would be unfair to them

No its the first time pretty much all year that all the forwards are healthy they need to work on their chemistry. Build momentum Teams who "rest" players are going to regret it going into playoffs..

Maybe just have them play less. Not skip the game entirely

Now that we have our callups from Chicago it wouldn't be such a bad idea, maybe if a player would rather rest then give him a rest.

Although I would still play our top guys and just give others more opportunity.

no because there are 18000 fans who paid money to the game and benching would be unfair to them

i'd say give guys like hansen raymond and lapierre the game off. special teams need more tuning and the second line needs all the games they can get together.

I'd rest the twins for sure. Maybe even burr... the second line needs to gel so they should play.

Hamhuis and Eddy 100% rest. These guys need rest period.

AV's time to experiment any new strategies, line combos, power play setups before the real thing begins