The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the canucks rest players on Saturday

yete

They should rest any players that are the least bit questionable.

The rest should be fine, they are not a bruiser type team.

Not to mention the ones that are playing won't take a lot of risks, judging by their play vs. the Ducks tonight.

Taylor Hall's reckless play is likely the biggest source of danger >_>.

can someone explain to me why they need to rest their player on a shorten season? where travel is so little and they've been at home for the past week or so.. and their last game is only edmonton which is only 1 1.5hr flight.. so rest their player and have them all come in after not playing for almost a week? today's game is literally a resting day of them.. they didn't even give a 50% effort.. so why bother resting them? you want to go into the playoff on a high... not on a lackluster performance regardless of whether you already clinch or not..

can someone explain to me why they need to rest their player on a shorten season? where travel is so little and they've been at home for the past week or so.. and their last game is only edmonton which is only 1 1.5hr flight.. so rest their player and have them all come in after not playing for almost a week? today's game is literally a resting day of them.. they didn't even give a 50% effort.. so why bother resting them? you want to go into the playoff on a high... not on a lackluster performance regardless of whether you already clinch or not..

No...because it was embarrassing to be a Canucks fan last night...they need to treat it as a game as if it means something.

This is their last game before the playoffs begin - they need to use this game to prepare.

I want the same lines that started the last 2 games to be the same lineup in edmonton, if i was the Canucks though i would give weise one more chance to prove himself and i would maybe even rest the banged up guys like higgins,lapierre,bieksa.

My Playoff lines

Sedins-Sedin-Burrows

Kesler-Roy-Kassian/Raymond/Higgins

Hansen-Lapierre-Higgins/Raymond/Kassian

Weise-Ebbett/Pini-Sestito

I would rest Hamhuis but some of the other guys need to have their stuff straightened out for the playoffs. I'd also consider some lineup mixing just in case of injury (e.g. apparently Raymond's shoulder was hurt).

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian (for the tougher games this line should be together)

Higgins - Roy - Kesler (this line should start together to develop chemistry since it looks like management wants to stack them)

Burr - Lapierre - Hansen (most championship teams win with strong, chippy, two-way 3rd lines; here is ours)

Ballard - Garrison (would love to see this pairing; Ballard could also use more minutes so he could find his game again)

Edler - Corrado (I'd keep this pairing)

etc.

In the 3rd one thing I'd definitely do is split the Twins (if they are playing); at times Hank's had to play without Danny so both of them should be prepared in case it happens again, plus working on a more direct attack (something that the North American guys are better at) should only help them when their pass-around-the-zone plays don't work. I'd also try Roy back on the 3rd for games in which they need center depth.

Burrows - Hank - Kassian (Burr can cycle or play front of net; Kass can skate and play in crease, Hank can take Gretzky's office or rediscover his Art Ross form with more skating plays sans Daniel)

Daniel - Kes - Higgins

Raymond (if he's healthy) - Roy - Hansen

Lappy and friends

Archived