The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ottawa's My Dark Horse

Yes most definitely.

I'm a sens fan. Fell in love with them last year. Imo they have the best young defenseman in the league with karlsson and cowen. Cowen with the monster hits and defensive play. Karlsson with the slick offenseive plays. Paul McLean is also the best coach in the nhl in my eyes. I mean how can you still be in playoff contention with all those prolonged injuries to their top guys?

Couple yrs back, this team looked like they might go scorched earth, trade a bunch of $ guys, & rebuild. Their 'tending was shambles; & probably people were wondering if the Heatley fiasco might be the start of team-disintegration. Youtube was invented to reveal Spezza's goofy chuckle, & his drop-passes to the ghost of Howie Morenz. I had them on par with the 'Lames of 2004, staggering towards their subsequent downward spiral...

I reflect on all this to emphasize the BEAUTIFUL job Bryan Murray did. If they could illustrate & frame this methodical, meticulous work of art, it'd be hanging in the Met, toot-sweet. I like Gillis, but I think he also has to bow down to Murray's recent performance. He's built a deep, young character squad on a shoestring budget- Shero in Pittsburgh can't say that, either.

Archived