• 1,016 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Van:
D Alex Edler
C Jordan Schroeder
2013 2nd round draft pick

Wpg:
RW Evander Kane

would this be a fair deal to get Kane out of Winnipeg and back to Vancouver. He is a very skilled power-forward sniper perfect fit for the Sedins imo. Hes strong on the puck and has a wicked wrister. I know he has been the target of many trade proposals on here but i want to have a crack at him. This would be good for both teams. Edler is a LHD and can be a perfect partner for a guy like Byfuglien on the top pairing. Schroeder can add to their center depth or be a good playmaking winger and the 2nd will be later but in a deep draft. i think Winnipeg would go for this, it improves their team overall and they can draft a forward prospect to fill the gap.

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Evander Kane
Alex Burrows-Ryan Kesler-Zack Kassian

that would be our top 6. and if Kassian starts playing like a top 6 forward this will be a deadly offensive top 6.

and for our draft selection i would like us to select
C Nicolas Petan, Delta BC
5'9 165lbs
71gp 46G 74A 120pts

He is small but he is extremely skilled
he is comparable to Derek Roy and his roof is a top line forward.
i know hes not the big strong centerman that everyone wants but we have Gaunce for that Petan can be the skilled playmaker instead. put him on a line with Kassian and we are good to go
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,876 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

No thanks. I'd rather keep the package we give up to get him than take on his character issues.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3 da.moose

da.moose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

No way the Jets trade Evander Kane!! He is a cornerstone of the franchise, under contract long term, and is one of the best up and coming wingers in the entire game!

Character issues? He's got none.

#4 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Gross overpayment on our part. Would not do.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#5 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Maybe. And did we not trade our second round pick for roy?
Posted Image

#6 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,876 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

No way the Jets trade Evander Kane!! He is a cornerstone of the franchise, under contract long term, and is one of the best up and coming wingers in the entire game!

Good player? Definitely. No issues? Absolutely!

Winnipeg's race issue with Evander Kane
Evander Kane vs. 'the haters' in Winnipeg, from restaurant
KHL Coach Calls Evander Kane Out of Shape

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Even if those issues got overblown, or were false, or whatever, there's certainly not enough innocence on Kane's part that he'd get so much bad press. Those photos weren't doctored either, and no matter how many goals he scores, there will likely always be a bit of an underlying issue with him.

But we agree, the trade would never happen (in part because we don't have our 2013 2nd anymore).

Edited by elvis15, 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#7 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Doubt Winnipeg does that. To get Kane you would need to grossly overpay. They already have Buff, Enstrom locked up long term with Bogo and Trouba as young guys who will also be around for a long time - so defense isn't exactly what they need.

Winnipeg's problem is offense behind their top 4 of Kane, Ladd, Wheeler and Little and I doubt we have the appropriate assets to get the deal done.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

The Jets have absolutely no need for Edler. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but defense isn't the Jets problem. Enstrom - Byfuglien - Bogosian - Stuart - Trouba - Postma - Redman. Edler would be nice, but not at the expense of one of their top 3 forwards.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#9 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

We would lose this trade so bad.. Edler for Kane is an overpayment I believe. Would make sense though, he's from B.C. right?

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#10 Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Saskatchewan Canucks Fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Even if those issues got overblown, or were false, or whatever, there's certainly not enough innocence on Kane's part that he'd get so much bad press. Those photos weren't doctored either, and no matter how many goals he scores, there will likely always be a bit of an underlying issue with him.

But we agree, the trade would never happen (in part because we don't have our 2013 2nd anymore).

The media cannot be to blame for the entire conception of Kane's attitude. Any player who has ever been around Kane with the Giants or at any other level will personally tell you many stories about Kane that reek of attitude problems. Saying that he only gets this reputation because of his skin colour is a terrible excuse. A-holes are A-holes no matter what (Sean Avery anyone?). The same can be said about genuine people (Iginla). I would not want Evander Kane on the Canucks. I'm a strong fan of the Canucks and would find it awful to have a guy like Kane on this team that otherwise is full of great people. I would be more content having Marchand over Evander any day.

However, I do feel like I'm coming down a little hard on him in this post. I respect the skill that he is able to display on the ice and I hope he can grow into a respectable adult. He is still very young and has a chance to redeem his image within the league. I wish him the best in being able to do so..

anfqiq.jpg
                                By -Vintage Canuck-

#11 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,876 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

The media cannot be to blame for the entire conception of Kane's attitude. Any player who has ever been around Kane with the Giants or at any other level will personally tell you many stories about Kane that reek of attitude problems. Saying that he only gets this reputation because of his skin colour is a terrible excuse. A-holes are A-holes no matter what (Sean Avery anyone?). The same can be said about genuine people (Iginla). I would not want Evander Kane on the Canucks. I'm a strong fan of the Canucks and would find it awful to have a guy like Kane on this team that otherwise is full of great people. I would be more content having Marchand over Evander any day.

However, I do feel like I'm coming down a little hard on him in this post. I respect the skill that he is able to display on the ice and I hope he can grow into a respectable adult. He is still very young and has a chance to redeem his image within the league. I wish him the best in being able to do so..

I don't think the media or people with a grudge or actual racism issues are solely to blame either, and agree he has some of the burden to bear in that regard, but I also agree he's young and could become a good team mate to match his on ice skill. I wouldn't want to give up the package suggested thought to do get him.

#12 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

How does this make sense for the Jets? They are already stacked with d-men. They need help up front which means that they won't be trading Kane anytime soon.

#13 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Horrible proposal, why don't we also keep Booth as well.
Posted Image

#14 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

photos of Kane

Oh my god. What a dick for getting that haircut. Hope he never has a good career in the league because of it.
Posted Image

#15 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hell naw. If it was Edler for Kane, that would be interesting. I'd probably still keep Edler.

#16 Wiznac

Wiznac

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Theres too many skilled players in the NHL to have to trade for one with this many problems

#17 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

I think that Kane is overrated.

Posted Image

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.