Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Wpg, draft selection

Van:

D Alex Edler

C Jordan Schroeder

2013 2nd round draft pick

Wpg:

RW Evander Kane

would this be a fair deal to get Kane out of Winnipeg and back to Vancouver. He is a very skilled power-forward sniper perfect fit for the Sedins imo. Hes strong on the puck and has a wicked wrister. I know he has been the target of many trade proposals on here but i want to have a crack at him. This would be good for both teams. Edler is a LHD and can be a perfect partner for a guy like Byfuglien on the top pairing. Schroeder can add to their center depth or be a good playmaking winger and the 2nd will be later but in a deep draft. i think Winnipeg would go for this, it improves their team overall and they can draft a forward prospect to fill the gap.

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Evander Kane

Alex Burrows-Ryan Kesler-Zack Kassian

that would be our top 6. and if Kassian starts playing like a top 6 forward this will be a deadly offensive top 6.

and for our draft selection i would like us to select

C Nicolas Petan, Delta BC

5'9 165lbs

71gp 46G 74A 120pts

He is small but he is extremely skilled

he is comparable to Derek Roy and his roof is a top line forward.

i know hes not the big strong centerman that everyone wants but we have Gaunce for that Petan can be the skilled playmaker instead. put him on a line with Kassian and we are good to go

Doubt Winnipeg does that. To get Kane you would need to grossly overpay. They already have Buff, Enstrom locked up long term with Bogo and Trouba as young guys who will also be around for a long time - so defense isn't exactly what they need.

Winnipeg's problem is offense behind their top 4 of Kane, Ladd, Wheeler and Little and I doubt we have the appropriate assets to get the deal done.

The Jets have absolutely no need for Edler. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but defense isn't the Jets problem. Enstrom - Byfuglien - Bogosian - Stuart - Trouba - Postma - Redman. Edler would be nice, but not at the expense of one of their top 3 forwards.

Good player? Definitely. No issues? Absolutely!

Winnipeg's race issue with Evander Kane

Evander Kane vs. 'the haters' in Winnipeg, from restaurant

KHL Coach Calls Evander Kane Out of Shape

KANENEE.jpg

E-Kane-cash-590x382.jpeg

li-evander-kane-twitter.jpg

Even if those issues got overblown, or were false, or whatever, there's certainly not enough innocence on Kane's part that he'd get so much bad press. Those photos weren't doctored either, and no matter how many goals he scores, there will likely always be a bit of an underlying issue with him.

But we agree, the trade would never happen (in part because we don't have our 2013 2nd anymore).

The media cannot be to blame for the entire conception of Kane's attitude. Any player who has ever been around Kane with the Giants or at any other level will personally tell you many stories about Kane that reek of attitude problems. Saying that he only gets this reputation because of his skin colour is a terrible excuse. A-holes are A-holes no matter what (Sean Avery anyone?). The same can be said about genuine people (Iginla). I would not want Evander Kane on the Canucks. I'm a strong fan of the Canucks and would find it awful to have a guy like Kane on this team that otherwise is full of great people. I would be more content having Marchand over Evander any day.

However, I do feel like I'm coming down a little hard on him in this post. I respect the skill that he is able to display on the ice and I hope he can grow into a respectable adult. He is still very young and has a chance to redeem his image within the league. I wish him the best in being able to do so..

Good player? Definitely. No issues? Absolutely!

Winnipeg's race issue with Evander Kane

Evander Kane vs. 'the haters' in Winnipeg, from restaurant

KHL Coach Calls Evander Kane Out of Shape

photos of Kane

Even if those issues got overblown, or were false, or whatever, there's certainly not enough innocence on Kane's part that he'd get so much bad press. Those photos weren't doctored either, and no matter how many goals he scores, there will likely always be a bit of an underlying issue with him.

But we agree, the trade would never happen (in part because we don't have our 2013 2nd anymore).

Archived