The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SJ and LA's last game

puckinaround

There is absolutely zero chance we will play blues in the first round.

1. Blues already have 58 points. Even if they lose the last game, they will still be in 5th place in the overall standing.

2. Minny has only 53 points with two games remaining that makes them able to get only 57 points maximum. Suppose they win both games and one of the LA or SJ loses in regulation time, we will play minny in the first round.

3. More than likely we will play the loser of LA vs. SJ. Even if Minny wins 2 games to get 57 points, if the loser of LA vs. SJ manage to lose in OT and get a loser point that gets them 58 points which would be 1 point ahead of Minny then we will still play the Loser (LA likely but SJ hopefully).

Its funny many of u believe that the kings rather face us than the blues, yes they rather face us because the rivalry is much better but to think would be scared of the blues is ridiculous.

They have a good record against the blues and they beat then last year in the playoffs. They're pretty much the same team as last year without Gagne so there's no doubt they can do it again if they get on fire again which it looks like they have with their previous few games.

For the Sharks, they're 2 options are the teams that beat them the last 2 years, in the same amount of games, oddly enough.

Kings probably think they can beat anyone so I doubt they'll try to tank on purpose.

Minny is the best choice by far, too bad it's the least likely. Sharks have been on a roll lately, they'll most likely beat the Kings, leaving us with a rematch from last year.

I think the Sharks are the best bet. Even though they added Torres, I believe the departure of Clowe and Murray makes them the least physical of the Canucks' potential opening round opponents.

Minny might not be as physical as LA or St. Louis, but I'd rather see Vancouver stay in their own time zone. The extra travel has a cumulative effect on players, and I'd rather see the Canucks cross the continent later, rather than sooner...

While the sharks sound like the best opponent, the fact that we couldn't beat them this year makes me not look forward to a matchup with them.

But you're right, they should be the least physical. So as long as we find a way to beat them, they would be the best matchup of the likely candidates.

While I also would like to stay in the time zone, but in this scenario, I'd still prefer Minny since they'd be the far easier opponent.

They'll both be battling to win if St Louis loses to Chicago. The winner of the LA/SJ game would move into 4th place and have home ice for the first round. Both teams would love that as they've both sucked on the road this year.

If we get something to shutdown their top line even though they have 2 very dangerous lines, we can beat them (SJ.) Not LA because they will physically beat us up. And with Darryl Sutter as their coach, we will probably lose.

Archived