The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SJ and LA's last game

puckinaround

If I was them I'd rather lose to play the Canucks than face the defending Cup champs. Either way, the Canucks are going to face a big, physical forward group in SJ, LA or STL. Probably the worst possible 1st round matchup either way, but if we get out of that alive we can go deep. Also, SJ and LA have HORRIBLE road records (playing at around 0.250 hockey on the road) so a 2-0 start against them would be nice. Then again San Jose have only lost twice in regulation on home ice all season long.

Does anybody believe teams intentionally lose games for a favorable matchup for the playoffs? If so, do you think LA and SJ would rather play us than STL. I dont think either matchup is favorable considering how well we have been playing. But at the same time I can understand not wanting to deal with STL's size and potential to cause injuries though.

i believe that i would rather play the team that best play you hard.... harder the better so your better prepared for other series... this is what you call mental toughness...can't be worried about other teams waring you down.. you do to them and the next time and so on.....mental toughness... time to get mean and pissed off.... go canucks go....

I personally think that we should be able to beat LA rather easily should we meet them in the first round. SJ seems to get motivated when they play us and I think SJ might be harder to beat than LA. STL would give us the most challenge but I still can't see us getting beat by them. We will get by the first round no matter who we play.

I predict MIN will lose in Denver without Pomminville (concussion)...to the AVs. It just sucks when a potential play-off opponent goons-up one of your better players just before the play-offs - doesn't it? And CLB will likely win their final home game over NASH in dramatic fashion & make the play-offs for the 2nd time in their team's history.

I also predict that STL will play a strong "statement" game & tee-off on any of the regular players that CHI dares to dress for this one....& then win this game handily. They'll want to send CHI a "tough" message & soften the 'Hawks up for whoever their 1st round opponent is. Ohhhh - I really hope Duncan Keith is among those that play & that Lady Karma pays him a timely visit!

SJ & LA will either bang-it-out or mail-it-in & turtle. I expect the home team will win - mainly due to the pressures comin' from the home-town crowd. So my final prediction is: VAN will draw SJ in the 1st round. Now - let the play-offs begin!

'Nucks were likely without Roy, Bieksa, Higgy or even Kes in some of those losses. And - I'm betting they played a lot of back to backs on those California swings - no doubt. So - I think we can anticipate a much better outcome in the post-season. After-all, this is when "Juvenile Joe" gets distracted & his Sharks take his lead & sink.

Only remaining questions here are: Will the Canucks remain relatively healthy to start the play-offs? Oh - I sure hope so! And - will we see the likes of O'Halloran, Sutherland or O'Rourke officiating the 'Nucks' series in these earlier rounds? If so - they have been notorious for swallowing their whistles & for interpreting things counter to Van City's point of view. So - keep your fingers crossed people 'cuz Lady Luck needs to be involved here & in more ways than one.

I personally think that we should be able to beat LA rather easily should we meet them in the first round. SJ seems to get motivated when they play us and I think SJ might be harder to beat than LA. STL would give us the most challenge but I still can't see us getting beat by them. We will get by the first round no matter who we play.

LA still has a shot at home ice advantage depending what the Blues do today. They will know that result before game time. If the Blues win it might be in LA's interest to take the loss and play Van rather than the Blues. No one likes the Blues physical element. Less travel and different time zones. I expect they prefer Van.

Archived