The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 3-1 Canucks

JE14

It was a mean nothing game, so I didn't really care about the outcome too much. But at the same time I was hoping the effort level would be a little higher.

We wanna go into the playoffs playing high intensity hockey. Not cruising in and thinking we can turn it on when it matters.

San Jose and LA are playing at a high level right now. If the Canucks play like they played tonight against either of those teams, they're gonna be in for a rude awakening.

I thought Luongo played well. And I am convinced that trading Schneider is the best move for our franchise. Most of us think Lui should be sold but that ship has sailed.

Selling him is not happening. We dump him for nothing, or keep him and trade schneider.

It was a mean nothing game, so I didn't really care about the outcome too much. But at the same time I was hoping the effort level would be a little higher.

We wanna go into the playoffs playing high intensity hockey. Not cruising in and thinking we can turn it on when it matters.

San Jose and LA are playing at a high level right now. If the Canucks play like they played tonight against either of those teams, they're gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Not concerned about the score. More concerned about roster decisions - namely why in blue hell is Ebbett playing over Schroeder. From my perspective, this is the scariest thought going into the playoffs. I won't go into the advanced stats, other than to say they CLEARLY point out that Schroeder is more effective than Ebbett - everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. There is no logical reason he's playing over Schroeder. NONE. Almost every game, statistically speaking, Ebbett is their worst forward - Schroeder never was (and he's a freekin rookie).

Corrado/Edler had a good night. Ate more d-zone starts than any other d pairings, esp in the 3rd period. Clearly, AV has faith in the young kid cause that's what he does with Tanev. Corrado also led all d-men in even strength ice time.....

This is obvious game management by the Canucks. They were clearly disinterested in this meaningless game. However, the third period proves that Canucks can turn it on when they want. They are clearly saving their energy on the post-season, unlike last year where they waste all their energy on trying to be top of the league.

I thought Luongo played well. And I am convinced that trading Schneider is the best move for our franchise. Most of us think Lui should be sold but that ship has sailed.

Selling him is not happening. We dump him for nothing, or keep him and trade schneider.

I find it funny people getting so worked up about Luongo. When he comes back to Van with another team he'll get a huge ovation.

Once I heard all the guys Anaheim were sitting I didn't expect much from this game.

That goal wasn't that bad, seen those kinds goals just straight shots go in on all goalies many times....Bottom line even if both goals were scored from center ice, you should be able to score at least 2 goals.

The team does not win or lose based upon Ebbett's ten minutes of ice time.He and Schroeder are not much different except Jordan generates more highlight reel passes while Ebbett plays a better defensive game.

Corrado plays well positionally and physically but just throws the puck up the boards when pressed,which makes for constant turnovers.

Whats with the friggin passing on a 6 on damn 4 ?! I swear we kill our PP more than the other team does. Also, why the F wasn't Garrison unleashing his bombs on that last PP? Didn't he score our only damn goal on a point shot?!

Archived