#151 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,580 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Lmao dude, you're a TROLL.
Cam Barker isn't only a 50-pt d-man, he's a 100-pt per season defenceman.. What'd he do to get so much hate? Damnit, he's a legend!!!!

Lol right, I was totally wrong back there.

Barker is a legend in the making, hopefully he plays with Hamhuis on the top pair and the Twins on the PP.

zackass.png

#152 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Lmao dude, you're a TROLL.
Cam Barker isn't only a 50-pt d-man, he's a 100-pt per season defenceman.. What'd he do to get so much hate? Damnit, he's a legend!!!!

What? I think you might have quoted the wrong post or something, you don't make any sense.

#153 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Oh yeah, I think we're onto something. His f

I agree.

Having Kesler healthy alone is a huge difference, aswell Daniel. For example when we got Danny back last year, we were every bit as good as LA was, maybe even a tad better as I thought we were the better team in game 3.

Having the twins, Kesler healthy is a huge improvement on last year alone. Then you add Roy, Garrison and the improvements that Higgins, Hansen, Raymond and Kassian have made since last year. On top of the top 5 caliber goaltending we have been getting from Schneids. I mean the tools are there, we just have to be focused, motivated, the coaching staff has to step up and we have to play to our capabilities and I see no reason why we aren't a top contender in the west. On paper atleast.

Yeah I agree! A lot of our weaknesses last year aren't here this time, and I think our team is hungry for a cup since our core isn't getting any younger. *guarded enthusiasm*

Also, credit for not claiming the sky is falling after one inconsequential game like half the forums here!

#154 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,616 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Even for a glorified exhibition game that was a horrible effort for the first 40 minutes. At least no one got hurt and at least the team showed they can indeed flip the switch.

G9eQfpM.gif

#155 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Why so negative...

They've won more games than any other team the past four years.... your favourite team is winning more than everyteam in north America and u have no faith? Come on man... believe. Especially when they've done so well for half a decade

I am cautiously optimistic about this team, but I have to tell you that it's not that simple. The fact the Canucks have won more hockey games than any other team during the last four years has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether they're built to win the Cup or not.

I am a loyal fan of this team but that doesn't mean I'm a blind optimist and a cheerleader. I consider the variables. I refuse to base my team's chances at the Stanley Cup on how many regular season games they've won in the past four years.

Edited by NuxFan09, 25 April 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#156 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Daniel isn't the same player.

We've seen it all season long. Tonight he made two garbage passes. Well, the first pass I noticed he made to the point was awful. Then the second one I saw was where he was behind the net and tried to make a centering pass and wiffed on it.

The old Daniel wouldn't have done either of those things. When I compared his downfall to Markus' collapse, I think it's fairly accurate. Both struggle offensively. Both make plays that leave you scratching your head. And it's not just this game, it's been a season long trend now.
Posted Image

#157 conrad@Victoria

conrad@Victoria

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

We've seen it all season long. Tonight he made two garbage passes. Well, the first pass I noticed he made to the point was awful. Then the second one I saw was where he was behind the net and tried to make a centering pass and wiffed on it.

The old Daniel wouldn't have done either of those things. When I compared his downfall to Markus' collapse, I think it's fairly accurate. Both struggle offensively. Both make plays that leave you scratching your head. And it's not just this game, it's been a season long trend now.

I hate to agree with this to a degree; I have noticed his decline this year too, in terms of offensive play.

I have to disagree with the spirit of the post which seems to be that he has fundamentally changed, give it another proper season before leaping to this conclusion.

Edited by conrad@Victoria, 25 April 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#158 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

He can't shoot worth a damn now either. This is one of the overlooked reasons why the Sedins have been easier to shut down. Other teams now know that BOTH Sedins are only a threat to pass. I think Daniel has been gun shy because of some of the easy potential goals he's absolutely flubbed. He used to be one of the most dangerous shooters in the league from the slot, a lot like James Neal.

The Sedins are still elite offensive players because of their playmaking skills but the Canucks really need a new batch of scoring talent to come up through the system very soon.

#159 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

they're only going to slow down more as they get older

once they retire this team is no longer a playoff team

Edited by Primus099, 25 April 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#160 Johnny_Drama

Johnny_Drama

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Have some self respect and pride. Play at your best.

Win division 1 game ago and play like garbage. With your full forward lineup as well.
"Victory!"

#161 messier's_elbow

messier's_elbow

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Stop whining... They played not to get hurt. This game didnt matter. If they stink it up in playoffs then bitch.

#162 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

if you were playing not to get hurt.. then why not call up more AHL players?? Shroeder jensen etc etc

#163 Ryan kesler the beast

Ryan kesler the beast

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

I kinda fell asleep then woke up when I heard the goal horn and saw garrison score haha but really they need to shoot more on the power play someone yell in the dressing room to SHOOT on the pp.

To bad they couldent do it for louuuuuuuuu
Posted Image
Thanks VC!

#164 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,976 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

if you were playing not to get hurt.. then why not call up more AHL players?? Shroeder jensen etc etc

Roster limits.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#165 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Unrelated, but:

"Are both of these teams in the playoffs?" was something I heard tonight watching the game. I didn't know whether to get mad or face palm.
Posted Image

#166 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

POPULAR

Hi, My name is common sense, and I say take that useless Edler off the first unit and put in Garrison. K thnx bye...

Edited by NikiShiz, 26 April 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Posted Image
NikiShiz

#167 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hi, My name is common sense, and I say take that useless Edler off the first unit and put in Garrison. K thnx bye...

Common sense isn't wanted nor listened to here. - AV

#168 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

Or maybe he's just having an off season like many players do? It's no secret veteran players struggle in lockout seasons, it happened last lockout as well. I'd give him another year or two before we write him off as finished, yeesh.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 26 April 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#169 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Common sense isn't wanted nor listened to here. - AV

Posted Image
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#170 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,580 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Or maybe he's just having an off season like many players do? It's no secret veteran players struggle in lockout seasons, it happened last lockout as well. I'd give him another year or two before we write him off as finished, yeesh.

This.

Some people are too hard on the twins. They are still elite offensive players, and yes Daniel can still score.

They are both still elite players.

zackass.png

#171 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I find games like this kind of relieving. We play like absolute trash for 55 minutes (if you can even call what we did "playing") yet still lose the game by only one goal, excluding the EN. I mean, you think about some other teams in the league that have to bring their A game just to keep a game close. We can play our F game and still win on some nights.

Unfortunately we did the same last year, won the PT and still crashed out having bumbled about in the first 2 games.........and they were at home too.
Kevin.jpg

#172 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

Btw, this might be useful to you: http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

#173 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

I am f#@$%ing pissed! Luo deserved beter than a half a$$ed 20-minute effort for his last home regular season game. I have never been more disappointed in the guys on this team. And I can't imagine that Luo wasn't hurt by the lackluster effort in front of him. Shame on you, guys!

Luo, you were awesome, professional as always despite the disrespect in front of you, and will always be one of my favorite goalies! LLLLUUUOOOOOOOOO!!!

They were only reminding him of some of the crap he has had to play behind since he arrived. Lu has spent a career here bailing out a D who have, through inclination or necessity thought that defending was their secondary purpose.

Even now people don't realise what a net minding giant he has been in this team and it cracks me up sometimes listening to him being interviewed, taking all the blame when they lose and yet none of the credit when he bails them out.

Without Lu in this team, Gillis and AV would have been shown the door a long time ago. I will NEVER forgive Gillis for placing the blame for his own shortcomings on Lu and disrespecting him time and again with the way he has handled this dignified and modest King among net minders.

I say nothing here about Schneider. He has also handled himself well and I only hope he knows what he has let himself in for. If he turns out to be half the goal tender that Lu has been (and I think he will ) Vancouver may just about keep their heads above mediocrity.
Kevin.jpg

#174 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

why do you all care about this meaningless game.

I folded my gotch

People who quote the phrase "meaningless game" are just losers in my book.

If you knew anything about sport and particularly team sport you would know that winning is a habit. The more you lose the easier it gets to roll over, the more you win the harder you are to beat because it's a psychological mindset.

And even if all that is bull (but it isn't) the very fact that they are payed a hell of a lot of money and that thousands paid big money to see them, some probably saved up for the "pleasure" means that this was no "meaningless game" FFS.
Kevin.jpg

#175 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

I think it needs to be mentioned that in his last 3 starts, Luongo has a 1.6 GAA and a .952 S%.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#176 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

hmmm not sure how to delete a post....
so ill start over below

Edited by Just Jimmy, 26 April 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#177 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

I think it needs to be mentioned that in his last 3 starts, Luongo has a 1.6 GAA and a .952 S%.

and I think it needs to be mentioned: remember 6/6/11 up 2-0 in series and your beloved Lu gives up 8 friggin goals!!!!

We win that game then the cup wouldve surely been ours.
We lost the cup...Lu is to blame

GET OVER IT!!!

#178 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

They were only reminding him of some of the crap he has had to play behind since he arrived. Lu has spent a career here bailing out a D who have, through inclination or necessity thought that defending was their secondary purpose.

Even now people don't realise what a net minding giant he has been in this team and it cracks me up sometimes listening to him being interviewed, taking all the blame when they lose and yet none of the credit when he bails them out.

Without Lu in this team, Gillis and AV would have been shown the door a long time ago. I will NEVER forgive Gillis for placing the blame for his own shortcomings on Lu and disrespecting him time and again with the way he has handled this dignified and modest King among net minders.

I say nothing here about Schneider. He has also handled himself well and I only hope he knows what he has let himself in for. If he turns out to be half the goal tender that Lu has been (and I think he will ) Vancouver may just about keep their heads above mediocrity.

Another Gillis bashing post. Colour me shocked!

We're all still awaiting a statement on the Jets shock exit from the playoff picture by the way. This was their year after all, was it not?

#179 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

Well...don't let the door hit ya Lu
Posted Image

#180 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I did not understand Av"s choices of juggling the lines we played so well against Chicago with those lines that it just showed that the effort level was not their today, I personally would like to see the same lines that started this game start nex game as well and generate chemistry. I like roy with kesler and I like a physical center in lappy on the third line, lappy has put up 1/3 are hits tonight in 2 periods. I think at the end of the game Av was just experimenting but if I was him I would have left the lines alone because never have we played better against Chicago.

should be chemistry building not experimenting.

got a week left before playoffs!

Edited by jigsaw99, 26 April 2013 - 04:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.