The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks 3-1 Canucks

JE14

Whats with the friggin passing on a 6 on damn 4 ?! I swear we kill our PP more than the other team does. Also, why the F wasn't Garrison unleashing his bombs on that last PP? Didn't he score our only damn goal on a point shot?!

Dude, don't sugar coat it. It was a bad goal. Luongo played okay otherwise. Our team just didn't have any compete tonight.

I agree dude, the fans should have shown Luongo some more respect. Honestly though, I think a lot of the fans simply didn't realize it might be the last home game he plays for us. They should have publicized that better before the game or something (I didn't know it until it was mentioned during the game)

Was a bad goal, I guess I am saying there are worse as those kinds can fool a goalie sometimes and seen it before. But who cares as I said can't score 2 goals then you got problems. What you guys going to say now we lost because Luongo let in 2 goals? But when Schneider loses 5-1 to the stars, he played great? lol

Lolz. Ebbett plays a better defensive game than Schroeder? Sorry man, there's not a stat (advanced or regular) that will help you affirm that one. Schroeder is a positive possession player, Ebbett is the exact opposite. This means, when Schroeders on the ice - his team has the puck more than when he's off it. With Ebbett, exact opposite. Whether Ebb plays 5 mins or 20 mins, if the other team always has the puck -he's a liability to his team. He's a better defensive option that Ebbett, you won't find an adavnced stats guy in the world who would say otherwise. My guess is they reached their max call up limit, therefore Schroeders not here. The only thing I can think of.

Corrado, ya I noticed that as well - on 2 occasions. Not a big deal, all d-men do it. When you start in your own zone more than any other d-pairing it's gonna happen. Esp when you're not comfortable with the systems (as a new player). Garrison did the exact same thing when he first arrived, not anymore as he's more comfortable w/ the system.

You're letting these guys off too easily.

THey have played far too many games this year exactly like tonight. Bad habits form this way.

Everyone seems to believe the "real Canucks" are the ones that played CHicago the other night. Why? Maybe that was just an emotional high they got going but is unsustainable. After all, tonight is consistent with how they played most nights this year.

For a team going into the playoffs that is still struggling with line juggling and D pairs, has had idfficulty playing a full 60 minutes all year and with Lu possibly playing his last regular season game at home, one would think they could have at least pretended to try, oir....what we saw all year is what this team is and the Chicago game was an anomaly.

We won't know until the playoffs start but I'm not so confident this team can bring the Chicago effort every night.

Thanks for the memories Lou, though who the hell really knows what MG will do...I sure don't.

This game almost perfectly encapsulated the real issue with the Canucks this year, and that's consistency.

But the playoffs are a whole new season, so GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! Let's get ya a ring & a drink from Stanley for your going away present.

Archived