206 replies to this topic

#181 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Playing not to get hurt usually gets you hurt, I hate this mentality, if this is the mindset for the last game then I would sit the top nine,as it is the only way to guarantee they don't get hurt.

I agree the last 5 or so games going into the playoffs should be used to get your timing etc.down with your set lineup, I like Ballard playing up front as he brings good energy, not afraid to take the body, not intimidated and will engage with anyone.

Hope SJ loses their last game as I have no desire to watch Brown and Co. grind the boys into a pulp.

#182 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

I think it needs to be mentioned that in his last 3 starts, Luongo has a 1.6 GAA and a .952 S%.

Go post that on the TO boards we don't care here.

#183 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

it seems like, Just about every thread in CDC becomes hijacked by whiny little lu fans.

ITs always the same pattern:

OMGzz I love lu sooooo much, he is the greatest human/hockey player/goalie/mortal being to have ever existed...

then it gets to:

Lu should definitely get a start here/run there. Lu should definitely be the playoff goalie.... Cory will definitely fail, and we will all see lu play..... You all watch, if lu gets traded this franchise will get burned to the ground and never win!!!!!.........
this state here proves why. Corys lack of experience proves why. This stat, minus that anamoly adding this intangible proves why lu should be the starter!!!!!!!!!!

Then it finally gets to canuck fan/media/player/coach bashing to justifiy every single one of Lu's Failures. (because its never lu's fault):

Lu never got a chance because of the media/fans....

Lu was never treated fairly by the fans

Lu never got enough offensive support

its AV's fault lu has playoff meltdowns

ITs the Zamboni drivers fault that happened~~
etc..etc....
Fire MG

#184 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

and I think it needs to be mentioned: remember 6/6/11 up 2-0 in series and your beloved Lu gives up 8 friggin goals!!!!

We win that game then the cup wouldve surely been ours.
We lost the cup...Lu is to blame

GET OVER IT!!!

haaaaaahaha youre not very bright..

#185 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

should be chemistry building not experimenting.

got a week left before playoffs!

Totally agree.

AV has had ll year to try combinations of players and yet here we are with no set lines. Other than likely the Sedins and Burrows.

The lack of chemistry showed last night as no-one was able to find theri playing partners on theice. Guys were our of position and fighting eachother for the puck at times.

AV likes to just throw guys together and if ther'es instant chemistry (luck) he goes with it. As soon as they have one bad period, he switches things up. Genius strategy!!

#186 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

to everyone saying Lu deserved better for his last game at home.. what about the game winner that floated right through him? u wanna see a bad way to go out go watch the last couple weeks of Lindens career.. Luongo stunk it up while battling for the last playoff spot and in the last game of Lindens career Luongo let in 7 goals .. Luongo pulled the shute because his wife had a kid and he didnt want to go to the playoffs , down that final stretch of 7 games where we were right in the hunt for the 8th spot luongo had a GAA of over 4 per game, in games we out played our opponents and still got lit up what a way to end Lindens career. this isnt even the end of luongos career and people are feeling bad for him.

#187 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

and I think it needs to be mentioned: remember 6/6/11 up 2-0 in series and your beloved Lu gives up 8 friggin goals!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!

Go watch the first 2 games, bare in mind they were home games Jimmy, and without 2 inspired performances from Lu we are out by game 5.

Edited by Bodee, 26 April 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#188 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

Well how very disrespectful of you. You should take yourself off and watch to-days Lu interview and learn some manners and some respect.
Kevin.jpg

#189 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Actually some of us do. Some of us still support Luo because he's still a member of this team. Some of us still support and care about him because he's the best goalie this franchise has ever had. And some of us are duly impressed that the man at the center of what most commentators agree is the most stressful, unusual goal-tending situation in the league still managed to stay in the top 20 of starters for SV%. (In fact, right now Luo's only .005 below his SV% from last year.)

Too bad fans are as disrespectful and ungrateful as the team was last night.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#190 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Go watch the first 2 games, bare in mind they were home games Jimmy, and without 2 inspired performances from Lu we are out by game 5.

Bodee I watched the entire series as it unfolded, i stand by my comments.

#191 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Either five or a sweep.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#192 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

As long as we have a HEALTHY roster, i'm happy. Considering Bieksa and Tanev are close, all good news. Booth maybe back by 2nd round?

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#193 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

to everyone saying Lu deserved better for his last game at home.. what about the game winner that floated right through him? u wanna see a bad way to go out go watch the last couple weeks of Lindens career.. Luongo stunk it up while battling for the last playoff spot and in the last game of Lindens career Luongo let in 7 goals .. Luongo pulled the shute because his wife had a kid and he didnt want to go to the playoffs , down that final stretch of 7 games where we were right in the hunt for the 8th spot luongo had a GAA of over 4 per game, in games we out played our opponents and still got lit up what a way to end Lindens career. this isnt even the end of luongos career and people are feeling bad for him.

You mean the puck that was deflected at the last minute? But okay, even Luo said he should have gotten that one. Of course, if his team had managed to break double digits in shots before the 3rd period it might not have mattered. People expect the goalie to have the team's back when they screw the pooch, but it's a 2-way street and they should have the goalie's back when he lets in a softie. Even Cory said his aim is no more than 2 goals per game because perfection is rare. Luo did his job. He made 27 saves and got a .931 SV% while his team got outplayed in every regard: shots, hits, faceoffs, blocked shots, and takeaways. That loss was entirely at the feet of the team and their lack of respect for their teammate and their opponent, showing their over-inflated egos that told them they could beat a team higher in the standings with just a 20-minute effort.

And you're seriously bringing up a game 5-years ago and saying that Luo being concerned for his wife doing the amazing, dangerous thing of creating a freaking human life was selfish because it kept Linden (and the rest of the team) from going into and prompting getting dumped out of the post season, despite the fact that Linden had 59 games to get himself there but only put up 12 points? Oh, and ignoring the fact that Luo had a .917 SV% that season and still his team couldn't win more than 39 games?

You're right, this isn't the end of Luo's career. But it may have very well been the end of his time as a Canucks goalie in our arena. Linden has, deservedly, been celebrated repeatedly for his time here but chances are good Luo never will be. Last night may have been his last game on home ice as a Canuck and as the best goalie in franchise history he deserved a better sendoff. He deserved to know that his teammates respect him enough to play for him, especially after everything he's done this season to make this situation, by far the worst for him, the least uncomfortable for his teammates as possible. He's done nothing but support Cory and was his biggest cheerleader when he wasn't playing his best and by all accounts has gone out of his way to keep the atmosphere light so that his situation wouldn't negatively impact the team. He's been the very model of grace under pressure and a good teammate. And last night they told him they don't care.

Forget whether or not you like Luo. If you're a Luo hater you'll blame him for everything from Game 7 against Boston (despite almost every shot against Thomas being squarely in the crest, as if asking one of the best goalies in the league to make the easiest save there is was the key to winning...) to global warning. But, if you're a fan of this team, you should be upset because they were bad teammates and arrogant players last night. Not only did they tell a soon to be departing teammate who's been a major part of their team since 2006 that he wasn't worth a 60-minute effort to give a decent sendoff, they told everyone that they think they can beat anyone anytime without any real effort, despite repeated examples this season that that is not true. They looked at a team better in the standings and thought, "Yeah, we can beat them with a solid 20-minutes, so we'll coast the first 40. No biggie." We've seen it multiple times this season. It's not the attitude or work ethic of a winning team, it's arrogant laziness. And it is the major stepping block in front of this team winning the Cup. You don't just get to show up for part of the game and expect to win. You show up and fight every game because that's what the Cup deserves. You fail to play for it like it deserves and you will never hoist it.

Edited by poetica, 26 April 2013 - 11:23 AM.

Go, Canucks, Go!

#194 Johnny_Drama

Johnny_Drama

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Woo saw
"Victory!"

#195 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Luongo played great but so did Thomas at the other end. It wasn't like canucks were completely out of the games and had no business winning. The games could have went either and way we got the lucky bounce. Remember Thomas won vezna because he was playing great and had to come up with the big saves, not because he glided he way to easy victories. It wasn't so much as Boston's offense came alive to out score us so bad in the series. it was our goalie not being able to keep up with the level of play of the guy at the other end of the rink. It funny Canucks fans rarely ever give credit to Thomas for playing the way he did.

#196 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

yea that kinda sucked yesterday but condensed season and we do travel more than most other teams so I gotta cut them some slack.. in 2011 we kinda had this too before playoffs started and our engine's revved up. Infact we played Oilers the last game of the season in 2011 too before our run to the finals. I expect a full healthy run... especially if bieksa and tanev are back and then even better if we get to rnd 2 with Booth coming back. I think LA would be the best opponent for us as we weren't fully healthy and confident playing LA... we know what to expect thsi time and will have the best chance to win against LA (revenge factor)...SJS has alot of top end talent that can come alive esp early playoffs. LA hasn't looked the same even though the bodies haven't changed....

I still think we win the cup this year... finally. I called at at the beginning while we were losing.

#197 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Daniel isn't the same player.

We've seen it all season long. Tonight he made two garbage passes. Well, the first pass I noticed he made to the point was awful. Then the second one I saw was where he was behind the net and tried to make a centering pass and wiffed on it.

The old Daniel wouldn't have done either of those things. When I compared his downfall to Markus' collapse, I think it's fairly accurate. Both struggle offensively. Both make plays that leave you scratching your head. And it's not just this game, it's been a season long trend now.

It's all Duncan Keith's fault. Daniel hasn't been the same since that dirty elbow.

#198 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hahaha botch just called out the canucks 40 min clusterf^ck performance in front of LUO last night a dud in studs and duds segment on that's hockey ....

#199 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

You mean the puck that was deflected at the last minute? But okay, even Luo said he should have gotten that one. Of course, if his team had managed to break double digits in shots before the 3rd period it might not have mattered. People expect the goalie to have the team's back when they screw the pooch, but it's a 2-way street and they should have the goalie's back when he lets in a softie. Even Cory said his aim is no more than 2 goals per game because perfection is rare. Luo did his job. He made 27 saves and got a .931 SV% while his team got outplayed in every regard: shots, hits, faceoffs, blocked shots, and takeaways. That loss was entirely at the feet of the team and their lack of respect for their teammate and their opponent, showing their over-inflated egos that told them they could beat a team higher in the standings with just a 20-minute effort.

And you're seriously bringing up a game 5-years ago and saying that Luo being concerned for his wife doing the amazing, dangerous thing of creating a freaking human life was selfish because it kept Linden (and the rest of the team) from going into and prompting getting dumped out of the post season, despite the fact that Linden had 59 games to get himself there but only put up 12 points? Oh, and ignoring the fact that Luo had a .917 SV% that season and still his team couldn't win more than 39 games?

You're right, this isn't the end of Luo's career. But it may have very well been the end of his time as a Canucks goalie in our arena. Linden has, deservedly, been celebrated repeatedly for his time here but chances are good Luo never will be. Last night may have been his last game on home ice as a Canuck and as the best goalie in franchise history he deserved a better sendoff. He deserved to know that his teammates respect him enough to play for him, especially after everything he's done this season to make this situation, by far the worst for him, the least uncomfortable for his teammates as possible. He's done nothing but support Cory and was his biggest cheerleader when he wasn't playing his best and by all accounts has gone out of his way to keep the atmosphere light so that his situation wouldn't negatively impact the team. He's been the very model of grace under pressure and a good teammate. And last night they told him they don't care.

Forget whether or not you like Luo. If you're a Luo hater you'll blame him for everything from Game 7 against Boston (despite almost every shot against Thomas being squarely in the crest, as if asking one of the best goalies in the league to make the easiest save there is was the key to winning...) to global warning. But, if you're a fan of this team, you should be upset because they were bad teammates and arrogant players last night. Not only did they tell a soon to be departing teammate who's been a major part of their team since 2006 that he wasn't worth a 60-minute effort to give a decent sendoff, they told everyone that they think they can beat anyone anytime without any real effort, despite repeated examples this season that that is not true. They looked at a team better in the standings and thought, "Yeah, we can beat them with a solid 20-minutes, so we'll coast the first 40. No biggie." We've seen it multiple times this season. It's not the attitude or work ethic of a winning team, it's arrogant laziness. And it is the major stepping block in front of this team winning the Cup. You don't just get to show up for part of the game and expect to win. You show up and fight every game because that's what the Cup deserves. You fail to play for it like it deserves and you will never hoist it.

Deflected at the last minute is a good description of it, you could go as far as say the last seconds, but the shot and the deflection was a loooooong way out and it was a very bad goal. Just so you know it did matter it was the game winning goal. You are correct that he played a good game but as it was and is in so many games the other goalie played a better one. I'm just glad your cheering for the Canucks again now that Lou's back in goal, what are you going to do once Cory's back in goal? Hope the get booted from the playoffs? You should take a lesson from Lou stop complaining and support Cory.

#200 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Deflected at the last minute is a good description of it, you could go as far as say the last seconds, but the shot and the deflection was a loooooong way out and it was a very bad goal. Just so you know it did matter it was the game winning goal. You are correct that he played a good game but as it was and is in so many games the other goalie played a better one. I'm just glad your cheering for the Canucks again now that Lou's back in goal, what are you going to do once Cory's back in goal? Hope the get booted from the playoffs? You should take a lesson from Lou stop complaining and support Cory.

You must be confusing me with someone else. I've never stopped cheering for our team and actively support both our goalies. You'd think my avatar having Cory's name in it too would be clue one I'm not anti-Cory. So stop putting your "you must hate Cory if you support Luo" crap onto me!

The fact is Luo was hung out to dry for 40 minutes of that game and it was majorly disrespectful given the fact that it may have been his last home game as a Canuck. And you have a lot of nerve trying to blame him for a loss in a game where the team needed more than 40-minutes to get shots in the double digits and offered little D support. Even Kesler admitted they embarrassed themselves.

And as for the "loooong way out" let's just say that's a matter of perspective, because when Cory let in two similar shots recently they were called "point blank" despite being shot from the face off hash marks. If it was a softie from a looong way out for one, that should go for the other too.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#201 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Go post that on the TO boards me riviera smurf47 and noheart don't care here.

fixed

#202 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Who cares .... Waiting for playoffs

#203 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

GET OVER IT!!!

i missed the part where when the team is averaging 1.14 goals a game that it's 100% the goalies fault when you don't win.

Luongo was the biggest reason we even had that 2-0 series lead. He had 3 great games and 4 bad games

Everyone in front of him had 7 bad games. well 6 actually, game 2 wasn't bad we actually managed to score 3 goals

Edited by Primus099, 26 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#204 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

fixed

Thanks for the LOL, nicely done.

#205 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

You must be confusing me with someone else. I've never stopped cheering for our team and actively support both our goalies. You'd think my avatar having Cory's name in it too would be clue one I'm not anti-Cory. So stop putting your "you must hate Cory if you support Luo" crap onto me!

The fact is Luo was hung out to dry for 40 minutes of that game and it was majorly disrespectful given the fact that it may have been his last home game as a Canuck. And you have a lot of nerve trying to blame him for a loss in a game where the team needed more than 40-minutes to get shots in the double digits and offered little D support. Even Kesler admitted they embarrassed themselves.

And as for the "loooong way out" let's just say that's a matter of perspective, because when Cory let in two similar shots recently they were called "point blank" despite being shot from the face off hash marks. If it was a softie from a looong way out for one, that should go for the other too.

Sorry about that, there's nothing wrong with being a Lou fan but most fall in the grouping with down under who are Lou fans but not Canuck fans and trash Cory for not being Lou. I shouldn't make assumptions.

#206 Proballhockeyplayer

Proballhockeyplayer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

here we go again with the trade rumors :picard:
Posted Image

Thanks Vintage Canucks For The SIG

#207 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

GET OVER IT!!!

Did you honestly think Vancouver was going to sweep the series?
Luongo would have needed ANOTHER shutout to win game 3.....

"We win that game then the cup wouldve surely been ours" - Speculation
"We lost the cup...Lu is to blame" - Ignorance
"GET OVER IT!!!" - Clueless
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.