The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado or Ballard

Canouver

If Bieksa & Tanev are hurting, certainly if they miss a game we put in Corrado who is a RHS. In that case Ballard and Corrado are playing anyway... But if KB3 and Tanev are good to go; makes way more sense to play Garrison as the 3rd right side D and add Ballards speed and size to the left. Edler/Hamhuis/Ballard on left & Bieksa/Garrison/Tanev on the right is our best line up!

If Bieksa & Tanev are hurting, certainly if they miss a game we put in Corrado who is a RHS. In that case Ballard and Corrado are playing anyway... But if KB3 and Tanev are good to go; makes way more sense to play Garrison as the 3rd right side D and add Ballards speed and size to the left. Edler/Hamhuis/Ballard on left & Bieksa/Garrison/Tanev on the right is our best line up!

I would take Ballard for several reasons.

1. He is willing to fight and stick up for teammates so Bieksa does not have to as often.

2. He seems to have the knack of driving the oppositions best players out of their minds, a very valuable asset come playoff time. He gets guys running around and seems to draw more than his share of penalties as a result.

3. He hits to hurt when he uses his hipchecks. Hopefully he will be allowed to play his style as it certainly helped knocking Kopecky out against CHI during the cup run, flattening Tootoo to keep him from running around, and jumping Marchand for his sneak attack on Daniel in the finals when no one else stood up. He brings that edge.

4. Experience. Like it or not he has a lot more time playing the team's system and playoff experience.

5. He fits well with any partner he has so he adds some versatility.

Corrado is the future but not the right now, imo.

IF Corrado is in the lineup it will only be because Bieksa and/or Tanev are out. Garrison has adjusted well to the right with Hamhuis. Bieksa has a guaranteed roster spot. Tanev seems to as well. I would actually expect both Ballard and Corrado could be out with Alberts in once all hands are on deck.

Ok, all LDs perferred playing left. So having them play on their side will make their game good.

Bieksa has been struggling of late so with gary it should help. Corrado and Edler have played good together why break it?

Just cuz I said Edler 3rd pairing doesn't mean he'll get lower ice time. Even AV said that, 20 mins each.

Only problem is Ballard has never played the RD with any consistency. Even his LD is suspect. Corrado will yield to Tanev is he is healthy and I suspect that Ballard might even yield to Alberts on LD. Maybe its me but it appears that Ballard follows the puck whether playing D or the wing. He was all over the place last night.

What have Ballard done for us during the playoffs? Anyone know?

I take my chances on Corrado. He's a much much better break out player.

I like this thread btw. No hard feeling. I like Ballard too. Personally I would love to see both of them in the line up. Both have different things to offer, skies the limit for Corrado.

Archived