121 replies to this topic

#31 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Everything about the Canucks look and feel generic.

The twins are the most boring humans on earth

Mike Gillis is the most guarded man on earth

Blue and green? I can't think of more non aggressive colors.

The entrence is boring.

have to be a suit and tie business man to sit close to the ice.

Everyone is so critical of the team that they literally watch for mistakes rather than cheer.

Most of you on CDC started cheering for the team seriously the last 5-7 years, you would not remember the Ole Pacific Colosseum, it was electric.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#32 emptyattic

emptyattic

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

People cheer the loudiest can't afford to go to the games any more, and for those who can actually afford, sadly to say, to a lot of them, it's a show off to others.  How much they know and care about the game?  Well, needless to say.

Very true. I wasnt able to go to a game this year. First time in a long time. Tough times plus high tix prices.
vegasdude wrote:

"Why is winning the cup so important? As long as the team does the best that they can, they'll go far.....Maybe not as far as the Stanley cup, but far enough."
what the hell......????

#33 PavelsElbow

PavelsElbow

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Well, it's hard to get rowdy and loud when DJ Dave plays Jessie's Girl with 1 min left in the 3rd and were down by 1.

I believe it starts with his terrible DJing. He played levels last night and that songs 2 and a half years old. Get someone that knows something in there.

#34 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Data: the Canucks have the League's longest sellout streak.

#35 emptyattic

emptyattic

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Plus, maybe people should put their phones in their pockets and actually watch the game.
vegasdude wrote:

"Why is winning the cup so important? As long as the team does the best that they can, they'll go far.....Maybe not as far as the Stanley cup, but far enough."
what the hell......????

#36 emptyattic

emptyattic

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

And? Does that mean the crowd is loud or cheers? No.
vegasdude wrote:

what the hell......????

#37 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

last night was pretty horrible but for the most part their was nothing to cheer about

You are missing the point. There is no hype to engage fans and pump up the fans or the team. Yes. the team can pump up the fans, but the fans don't pump up the team.

#38 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Maybe that's the problem, no incentive to improve the product or experience.

#39 domyours

domyours

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Which means lots of $$$ to the organization, but it doesn't mean it's the best atmosphere, excited arena to watch hockey.

#40 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

The Library
Posted Image

#41 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'd rather be guilty of boredom than incorrect exclamation point usage !

Wow! You must be really boring!

How about question mark usage??????

#42 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I've watched games in 6 buildings and ours was by far the quietest. I find that most buildings cheer as encouragement while we cheer as a reward.

You hit the nail right on the head!
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#43 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Possibly Luo's last game as a Canuck and the crowd doesn't even acknowledge his accomplishments and contributions.
Pretty lame,bordering on ignorant.

Not really. I mean hes one player, he didnt win us anything, and its only been 7 years..... he has been a decent goalie. And one player is probably leaving. So what?
Posted Image

#44 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Well the game didnt mean anything. It was anaheim. And just wait for the playoffs baby! Hopefully against la
Posted Image

#45 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

both from BC just lucky enough to get winter relief in Arizona :) Just as an aside...if you've never been to jobbing.com for a Coyote game, then you have no idea the difference in atmosphere between the two arenas at a game. You are talking out your arse sir.

I thought I was speaking directly to another adult, I guess not. You didn't have to accuse me talking out of my ass.

First off what you said was probably true last night. The game was bland, slow and boring, and being down 2-0 can really put the fans in sadness mode. Although Rogers Arena, which you named Canucks Arena, (made me question if your really from B.C or not) can be a morgue at times, 2 nights ago it was a totally different arena. I have never been to Jobbing Arena.com. Their average attendance is like 13000 maybe. Shrugs. it doesn't matter what happens, but if a home down by 2 goals, with 7 shots through 2 periods, it can get the crowd out of it, no matter what music the dj plays.

What's sad is, you took your one time experience, and made it sound like its actually the experience at Rogers arena. That extremely unfair and kinda uncalled for.

Yep, that's the recipe for success down in Phoenix.

I don't believe they are even from B.C even though they said so.

anyways, sorry for your bad experience at Canucks arena.

Which means lots of $$$ to the organization, but it doesn't mean it's the best atmosphere, excited arena to watch hockey.

Can't argue against this. Love Rogers arena as a stadium. Bar none of the best. I think it was Keenans cousin from hfboards.com whois been to half the stadiums in the NHL. Rogers arena is one of the best. oh well. smurf47 I suggest you not to watch anymore games at Canucks arena.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 26 April 2013 - 10:37 AM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#46 Tornado

Tornado

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Where is this Canucks Arena building?

Oh and yes, game last night had no meaning. Anaheim is set at 2nd seed, we're set at 3rd seed...

Belgian Canucks Fan

Posted Image

#47 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

The fans that go to our games suck. They are too full of corporate types and rich snoots. They are not into the game as they should be and only cheer when we score. I stopped going to games because of the high price and useless fans.

Playoffs are a bit of a different story. The hardcore fans come out more, biting the bullet in paying the stupid ticket prices.

Edited by grandmaster, 26 April 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#48 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Plus, maybe people should put their phones in their pockets and actually watch the game.

As much as I hate Boston. They make great ads. I'd like to see Fin do something like these..

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#49 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

The fans that go to our games suck. They are too full of corporate types and rich snoots. They are not into the game as they should be and only cheer when we score. I stopped going to games because of the high price and useless fans.

Just admit it. You stopped going because you couldn't afford it. Way to blame the other fans.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#50 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just admit it. You stopped going because you couldn't afford it. Way to blame the other fans.

I can still afford it... what I can't afford is sitting in row five for nearly 200$ and being looked at and made feel awkward if I want to chant or SHOW ANY EMOTION.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#51 emptyattic

emptyattic

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yes it was a mean nothing game but this wasnt just a one time thing. Its always quiet.
vegasdude wrote:

what the hell......????

#52 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

And? Does that mean the crowd is loud or cheers? No.

This

#53 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes it was a mean nothing game but this wasnt just a one time thing. Its always quiet.

But you'd wanna go in the playoffs on a role, right?

#54 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#55 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

I can still afford it... what I can't afford is sitting in row five for nearly 200$ and being looked at and made feel awkward if I want to chant or SHOW ANY EMOTION.

Alcohol
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#56 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

The OP is not far off in his assessment. Last night's game may not be a good indicator of the crowd, but in general, specifically the lower bowl is very quiet. Even playoff games I find that after the initial rush of waving the towels, singing the anthem and the first five minutes of the first period the atmosphere disappears quite a bit.

The fans need to remember that they can impact the home games. Simply reacting to great plays by the Canucks is not good enough, we can create energy for the team to feed off of.

That being said, this only reflects my personal experiences at rogers arena, I have not been to other arenas in person, but on television they certainly come across as more lively.

Sorry, I was at both the Hawks game and Ducks game..and upper bowl was dead quiet at times. The atmosphere was terrible. Which is why i usually never buy tickets to regular season anymore.
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#57 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Sorry, I was at both the Hawks game and Ducks game..and upper bowl was dead quiet at times. The atmosphere was terrible. Which is why i usually never buy tickets to regular season anymore.

Hawks game seemed alright, Ducks was more than horrible :/

#58 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Alcohol

I've tried that, even tried some nice cookies ;)

They weren't even giving me two beers at a time ... rogers arena just sucks compared to the 2001-2005 fans. That's all I have to say. Even though the product is much better on the ice

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#59 MadMike

MadMike

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

People cheer the loudiest can't afford to go to the games any more, and for those who can actually afford, sadly to say, to a lot of them, it's a show off to others. How much they know and care about the game? Well, needless to say.

So true.

#60 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Went to the game last night, and I can tell you there was absolutely jack all to cheer for, minus the last 10 or so minutes. The first 40 minutes was boring as could be... 9 shots through 2 periods.

Didn't go to any other games, so I have nothing to compare to, but I don't think you can really blame the crowd for last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.