The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Arena is boring !

smurf47

The fans that go to our games suck. They are too full of corporate types and rich snoots. They are not into the game as they should be and only cheer when we score. I stopped going to games because of the high price and useless fans.

Playoffs are a bit of a different story. The hardcore fans come out more, biting the bullet in paying the stupid ticket prices.

The OP is not far off in his assessment. Last night's game may not be a good indicator of the crowd, but in general, specifically the lower bowl is very quiet. Even playoff games I find that after the initial rush of waving the towels, singing the anthem and the first five minutes of the first period the atmosphere disappears quite a bit.

The fans need to remember that they can impact the home games. Simply reacting to great plays by the Canucks is not good enough, we can create energy for the team to feed off of.

That being said, this only reflects my personal experiences at rogers arena, I have not been to other arenas in person, but on television they certainly come across as more lively.

People cheer the loudiest can't afford to go to the games any more, and for those who can actually afford, sadly to say, to a lot of them, it's a show off to others. How much they know and care about the game? Well, needless to say.

Went to the game last night, and I can tell you there was absolutely jack all to cheer for, minus the last 10 or so minutes. The first 40 minutes was boring as could be... 9 shots through 2 periods.

Didn't go to any other games, so I have nothing to compare to, but I don't think you can really blame the crowd for last night.

Archived