The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Arena is boring !

smurf47

Last night's game was meaningless and drab, so you can't expect too much as people are just waiting for the playoffs to unleash.

I was at the Chicago game and it was an electric vibe in the room It is what you make it...I tend to get a little crazy (without too much disruption to those around me, which is key)....people join in if you have fun with them. Be the change you want to see happen or something like that.

why would you guys criticize this dude for calling it like it is? Rogers arena has always been one of the quietest arenas in the league, certainly in Canada. It is like a movie theater in there. If you don't realize this, then you probably never got to watch a game in the Pacific Coliseum or another loud rink.

If you want to respond, don't get things out of context, never were the words, bad experience used, but that games in Phoenix are more entertaining with more fan participation., nor was it an indication of all games played there. It was one person's opinion, based on one experience, but, it seems that there are other responders who say its not abnormal. As for using the term Canucks arena I should have said the Canuck's arena...same difference. I apologize for saying you talked out of your arse. I 'll correct that here and just call you an ass ! Feel better now? I have no reason to say I'm from BC if I wasn;t, that's just your warped sense of cynicism...People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It's ironic how you just mentioned that the games in Phoenix are more entertaining. Coyotes are one of the worst teams to watch in an entertaining point of view.

But anyways, I'm sorry for awful Canucks arena experience. Coyotes Arena for the win. They damn do a better job entertaining the 12000 so in the stands maybe.

Anytime the fans try and get a chant going it gets killed by the obnoxiously loud music played in the arena. It happened more than a few times when I went to the game against Detroit last week. That, and for the first 40 minutes of last night's game there was NOTHING to get excited about. The crowed looked two-thirds full and both teams had lulled them to sleep, I wasn't surprised that it was quiet.

Anytime the fans try and get a chant going it gets killed by the obnoxiously loud music played in the arena. It happened more than a few times when I went to the game against Detroit last week. That, and for the first 40 minutes of last night's game there was NOTHING to get excited about. The crowed looked two-thirds full and both teams had lulled them to sleep, I wasn't surprised that it was quiet.

The lower bowl fans claim that they are so quiet because they are so cerebral. What a joke. I've been in the club seats and tried to talk hockey with some people. Their hockey knowledge is sorely lacking. If they were so smart they would know that sometimes when your home team lacks energy, the fans can energize them with some loud cheering and urging them on. That rarely happens in the lower bowl. Quite the contrary; You get dirty looks if you are too loud. The only time you can be loud apparently is when they score or an offensive play occurs.

(talking to your dog voice) The song is playing stand up and cheer. OK the song is over. Sit! Sit! Good lower bowl fan! Good lower bowl fan!!

The lower bowl fans claim that they are so quiet because they are so cerebral. What a joke. I've been in the club seats and tried to talk hockey with some people. Their hockey knowledge is sorely lacking. If they were so smart they would know that sometimes when your home team lacks energy, the fans can energize them with some loud cheering and urging them on. That rarely happens in the lower bowl. Quite the contrary; You get dirty looks if you are too loud. The only time you can be loud apparently is when they score or an offensive play occurs.

(talking to your dog voice) The song is playing stand up and cheer. OK the song is over. Sit! Sit! Good lower bowl fan! Good lower bowl fan!!

It's ironic how you just mentioned that the games in Phoenix are more entertaining. Coyotes are one of the worst teams to watch in an entertaining point of view.

But anyways, I'm sorry for awful Canucks arena experience. Coyotes Arena for the win. They damn do a better job entertaining the 12000 so in the stands maybe.

We need a chanting section or something like that.

Somewhere were like minded fans can get together (without bothering the people who'd rather sit and do nothing) and try to inject a bit of atmosphere into the place. Have a set list of chants and the chances are if an entire section is doing it at least some of the rest of the crowd will follow.

We need a chanting section or something like that.

Somewhere were like minded fans can get together (without bothering the people who'd rather sit and do nothing) and try to inject a bit of atmosphere into the place. Have a set list of chants and the chances are if an entire section is doing it at least some of the rest of the crowd will follow.

Our playoff games are louder than every western team. Nobody purposely looks for mistakes it is that they are noticeable because that is the big thing other than a goal or great save, our team isn't this fast high goal scoring team.

Until you see a team like Winnipeg play night in and night out, then you can complain about the on ice product. The fans make the atmosphere. I love being able to watch and cheer for the Jets, but I didn't truly respect and appreciate just how talented the Canucks were until I consistantly watched the Jets every night. The atmosphere is great in Winnipeg, but the hockey is sloppy. Rogers Arena is terrible place to watch a game. And as has been stated, that arena will be a sight for sore eyes when the team actually stinks.

My wife went to the Canuck's game last night and watched it from the company box. She remarked on how little fanfare there was and how very little was done to engage the crowd and pump them up. We see a lot of games in Phoenix and it was her opinion that they could teach the Canucks organization a lot on including fans. Better music, better light show, video clips, giveaways and promotions noise meters etc,. Jobbing .com rocks especially when a Canadian team plays and last nights game, in Vancouver, was dullsville.

Archived