The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Use Garrison's bomb as a tool to inflict injury upon playoff opponents!

ThatPope

So many people here have either never played the game or are just supremely naive when players explain their actions to the media. Noone ever means what they say when interviewed about a solid hit they throw or shot they take that causes an injury (unless the injury is truly horrific, career threatening etc). Holy bleeding hearts batman, this is hockey. When I threw bodychecks, I wasn't trying to seperate a player from the puck or slow his momentum, I was always hitting to hurt. Always (although I never purposefully shot a puck at someone, they would have no way to defend themselves and I do consider that a scumbag move). It doesn't mean I didn't respect my opponents, some of my future best friends were guys I had major battles with. They, nor I, would have it any other way, no matter what the bleeding hearts think or say. Saying that attempting to injure isn't sportsmanlike in hockey is to truly be ignorant of this sport. It is legal to fight for gawd's sakes! SMH

No way Garrison should purposely aim the puck at opponents if that's what OP means. That's dangerous and illegal. I have no problem with Garrison shooting hard and aggressively, but do it for the purpose of making opponents scared to block shots/making it harder for the goalie to stop. Not to purposely injure other players. If an opponent gets hurt by blocking a shot, it's their choice, just don't purposely aim at opponents. Also Canucks players screening the goalie have to watch out as well.

so when there's no shooting lane and it's littered with players from both team wind up and shoot as hard as you can and pray you don't hit your own teammates just for the sake of trying to hurt other ppl and make them scared to block your shot? lol watch karma at work and first game Garrison breaks sedin's foot or something.

Even though I like to see Garrison hit hard from the point, I always hold my breath; I know the likelihood of him making a goal vs. at least giving another player a stinger or worse is about equal imo(no stats to back sorry).

I just don't want that other player to be one of our guys.

Not a big fan of intentional injuring.

BUT, dropping the gloves at the right time.... Yeah.

Hey man, if teams want to play that "collapse everybody to the net" hockey...AKA Ranger hockey, there is a good chance you get hurt by the big slapper. Nothing wrong with teams knowing that we have a guy with a legit ankle breaking cannon so block shots at your own risk.

I hate teams that play that feline crap.

Fire away G-bomb.

Archived