Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

Use Garrison's bomb as a tool to inflict injury upon playoff opponents!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Anyone who has ever actually played hockey knows if their D are standing in front of the net - you let it fly and maybe they'll think twice about trying to get in the way of shots. You don't necessarily try to injure them, but you want them to definitely feel the pain.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

In any contact sport you play, the rule is the same. You want to hurt your opponent every game/shift/play but not injure them.

#93 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

didn't read OP's full post at first-- just score with the puck, that is what we need.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#94 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

It's always good to waste a couple shots early to get the other team thinking.

qrC4ALSTG9AZO.gif

#95 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

The entire city of vancouver .. when it is this guy

Posted Image

how does he have a gut when he trains that hard? But, still. I don't him to injure players but I want him to blast away to the net, if injuries happen, it's their problem. But don't try to shoot at players or anything
Posted Image

#96 ey40

ey40

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I don't want his bomb to hurt people, I want him to score, especially on the power play.
He is here to replace Salo and I really hope he can do what Salo did to the Sharks in Game 4 of the 2011 conference final.

Go Canucks Go!!!

#97 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

It would be a way better idea if uses that shot to score goals.

No way, the first pp's are going to have like every shot blocked, and we don't have the strongest pp anyway. Might as well T some up against their already thin d-corps. I think if we can take them out game 1 this will be a very quick series which will save ourselves a lot of injuries. We likely face Anaheim/LA/STL rd 2 if we make it, so we will need as healthy a lineup as possible.

#98 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

It's always good to waste a couple shots early to get the other team thinking.

Yeah exactly, at the very least it will make more room/open more lanes for later.

#99 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

You don't injure players on purpose...Give your head a shake.

If someone wants to get in the way, then that's their fault. Might make them think twice about blocking his shots.

This being said I am pretty sure the Oilers did that with Kesler in the First of the last game... Just saying.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#100 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

sigh..did i just read this... :picard:
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#101 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Anyone who has ever actually played hockey knows if their D are standing in front of the net - you let it fly and maybe they'll think twice about trying to get in the way of shots. You don't necessarily try to injure them, but you want them to definitely feel the pain.

Usually its the forwards that have to go in their quickly to try to cut off the shots, cause usually they are close enough that the puck will only hit as high as the shins. That's if they can get their in time, and of course, it's also a matter of skill, for Garrison or Edler to shoot the puck quickly so it doesn't get blocked by the checking forwards.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#102 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

The entire city of vancouver .. when it is this guy

Posted Image

That's not fair. lol

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#103 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

lol it's funny because i wanted Torres back so he could injure people with hits, and yet i find this idea to be completely wrong.

funny how things work

Posted Image

#104 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Just to make things more controversial, if it gets you the Stanley Cup, would you still react this way or change your mind?

We all know what happened during the summit series in 1972.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#105 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Just to make things more controversial, if it gets you the Stanley Cup, would you still react this way or change your mind?

We all know what happened during the summit series in 1972.

If a slapshot hits Joe Thorton by accident and breaks his foot, then sure i'm happy.

Do you try to shoot as his feet? No, that's just stupid

Posted Image

#106 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

If a slapshot hits Joe Thorton by accident and breaks his foot, then sure i'm happy.

Do you try to shoot as his feet? No, that's just stupid

For one, its hard to shoot at someone's feet. The rate of success is really low. Better just hit the net. But my point is, when you see lots of opposing legs or ankles, do you go after it, with hindsight that it will pretty much guarantee you the Stanley Cup. You see lots of legs and ankles, its early in the game and series. Oh and, they're pretty much collapsing. That makes it more interesting.

Edited by Monteeun, 29 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#107 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

If Brad Marchand was seriously injured you would see tears.

Of joy.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#108 kassians_fist

kassians_fist

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

There are very few players I would wish injury on but if we play Chicago I kinda hope someone hurts Keith. Not like career ending hurt, just enough to make him bleed or cry.

Edited by kassians_fist, 29 April 2013 - 05:40 PM.

kassiansig2_zps8c73ed3c.jpg

#109 Shea Weber TKO

Shea Weber TKO

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

this threat is absolute win

#110 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

I agree. I often wonder whatever happened to good sportsmanship. Garrison doesn`t strike me as the type to try and intentionally injury players. To suggest he intentionally direct his shot at opposing players to injury them is about as low as you can get.

Yea someone like chara may use his shot for something like that but I don't see garrison having any part of it lol.

#111 kassians_fist

kassians_fist

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Have we played the sharks since Torres joined them? I don't think we have. I wish he was still a Canuck...

kassiansig2_zps8c73ed3c.jpg

#112 N8

N8

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I feel like there was an instance years back when Sami absolutely bombed one from the point and toppled a player. I seem to remember him admitting that he has toned down his shot since in fear of a repeat situation. Similar logic as to why Todd Bertuzzi pretty much never hit anyone ever again after Steve Moore. Sometimes, being an overly considerate hockey player doesn't get you anywhere. Chara/Salo/Garrison are effective PP options because people are genuinely afraid of their shot.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.