The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Part of 9/11 plane's landing gear found in NYC

-Vintage Canuck-

I take no pleasure in it.

I would be pleased to debate with much smarter people, but alas that is a rare occurrence.

One of the partners in my law firm once remarked to me (I was the senior and managing partner of our firm) when we were coming out of a meeting with a consortium of clients and numerous lawyers in a very complex civil litigation case that involved some very sophisticated frauds by an investment firm practised upon numerous doctors and dentists across the country. He said

You know you often give the impression that you are the the smartest person in the room...

And luckily for the firm and our bottom line you are invariably correct.

Well that wasn't very nice. I get it though, anybody who doesn't agree with you is stupid in your mind. That's cool, though we disagree I actually have always had a pretty high opinion of you. Evidently that feeling isn't shared.

Having said that...if that wasn't a joke it's obviously meant to be an argument to which all I can say is I think it's a pretty weak one.

I've never proclaimed anything near what you've suggested. I also felt a little like your comment in the other thread in your exchange with DeNiro, albeit general, about people being despicable included me. Perhaps I may be mistaken.

It is of course a joke but in a 'funny cuz it's true' way. But an argument most definitely not. There are already numerous strong and compelling arguments.

I thought the people posting the pics and making incredibly stupid leaps in logic were clearly the ones I was using that term for. I will say that the comments I make saying that it's often the same people are always involved in every conspiracy thread on the part of the conspiracy would include you but that doesn't change anything. (if I'm wrong let me know) Deniro acting like a stuck up prom queen in the other thread had nothing to do with you.

There are numerous arguments and as somebody who believes something doesn't meet the sniff test about 9/11 I don't find that "funny cuz it's true" at all. I will agree with you about the compelling part when it comes to many of the arguments and strong when it comes to some. Maybe "funny cuz it's been presented as something possible" I dunno though, probably splitting hairs but I'm not a fan of talking about things as definitive facts when they aren't even remotely close to that.

Also what did I suggest? That you find people who disagree with you stupid and go at them like you're scolding a little kid. Sorry to tell you but more often than not you do when it comes to these subjects imo. Case in point would be your comment to me because you thought I said something in another thread.

Archived