The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seguin vs Hall

Pyrene

A year ago when Seguin had a breakout season of 67 pts with the Bruins, people claimed that the Oilers should've taken Seguin over Hall. Now, after this (though shortened season) Seguins stats regressed while Hall's drastically improved. It's also pretty obvious how much skill Hall has too when we watch the 'nux play the Oilers.

So, I'm going to ask the question again.

Who would you rather have taken for 1st overall? Tyler Seguin or Taylor Hall?

Taylor Hall: 2013 44GP 16G-32A-48PTS

2012 61GP 27G-26A-53PTS

Tyler Seguin: 2013 46GP 16G-16A-32PTS

2012 81GP 29G-38A-67PTS

i havent' kept tabs on either of those players. you can't just look up their stats on tsn or nhl.com and build your argument around that. from what i know, seguin has a stanley cup to his name. you can argue that and put an * until the cows come come "he was a young guy on a good bruins team" whatever stuff like that

from what this thread gives me: OMG GIVE IT UP ALREADY. WE LOST TO BOSTON, WE GET IT, BUT WE SHALL SOMEHOW DISCREDIT EVERY PLAYER ON THAT TEAM LIKE WE DID WITH CHICAGO UNTIL MOST OF THEM MOVED ON TO OTHER TEAMS

Taylor Hall is way to streaky. At times he looks like a dominating unstoppable beast and at times, the complete opposite. Hes been racking up his points in blow out games, and nothing outside of those games. He also have much more ice time then Seguin. If we get Seguin and Hall to switch ice times, Hall will be a 3rd liner, and I highly doubt he be racking up the points now. Credit were its due, Hall is going to be a all star.

i havent' kept tabs on either of those players. you can't just look up their stats on tsn or nhl.com and build your argument around that. from what i know, seguin has a stanley cup to his name. you can argue that and put an * until the cows come come "he was a young guy on a good bruins team" whatever stuff like that

from what this thread gives me: OMG GIVE IT UP ALREADY. WE LOST TO BOSTON, WE GET IT, BUT WE SHALL SOMEHOW DISCREDIT EVERY PLAYER ON THAT TEAM LIKE WE DID WITH CHICAGO UNTIL MOST OF THEM MOVED ON TO OTHER TEAMS

I'd still take seguin, hall doesn't have smooth stick skills, eberle does, hall has speed and that's about it. it's a straight up and back type game. I personally don't think he's that great (skill wise) especially after watching him play the canucks this year.

Wow, some people, huh?

if you haven't kept tab and can't input into the discussion, why come and post?

Furthermore, I'm not just looking at stats, I do watch some Oilers game now and then, and I am continuously astounded by Hall's speed and passing abilities--the chemistry with Eberle is insane. Seguin has a Stanley Cup ring, but how is that relevant to whether you would choose Seguin or not? If Oilers ended up taking Seguin, it'd be Hall on the Bruins team with the ring.

Lastly, your post is completely irrelevant to my thread. Find me proof that I am discrediting either of these players. It would seem you are more buttsore of the outcome of the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs than I am. If that's what you got from reading my post, I suggest you retake your English 8 highschool course because your ability to analyze text is terrible.

Go to bed, it's past your bedtime.

Wow, some people, huh?

if you haven't kept tab and can't input into the discussion, why come and post?

Furthermore, I'm not just looking at stats, I do watch some Oilers game now and then, and I am continuously astounded by Hall's speed and passing abilities--the chemistry with Eberle is insane. Seguin has a Stanley Cup ring, but how is that relevant to whether you would choose Seguin or not? If Oilers ended up taking Seguin, it'd be Hall on the Bruins team with the ring.

Lastly, your post is completely irrelevant to my thread. Find me proof that I am discrediting either of these players. It would seem you are more buttsore of the outcome of the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs than I am. If that's what you got from reading my post, I suggest you retake your English 8 highschool course because your ability to analyze text is terrible.

Go to bed, it's past your bedtime.

a good chunk of this board just seems to hold vendettas with players teams associated with, but mostly relegated in canucks talk, for the most part but they do migrate. i'm not against you but most of time i'm on here people discredit anything because of the "buttsore" thing. that's my bad. just making sure we're on the same page. i didn't read your whole reply to me, because the overall tone and where it was leading, i'm almost certain you cleverly coated "your dumb" shame. shame.

but if you want my opinion, just throwing that out there. don't have to beat me down anymore. i'm waving the white flag. i surrender. i'm stupid, but i would take taylor hall. well rounded player, strong in the dirty areas, just needs to mature a little more. to me, this is where my opinion comes in, if i may be so bold, seguin was at the right place at the right time, on a strong bruins team where hall is on a rebuilding team, with other guys his age, all learning the game together. i think that's a stronger factor in how a player turns out

Hall is the better hockey player. Bigger, faster, stronger. Probably has a harder shot but it seems Tyler's is more accurate.

But Hall isn't consistent. If he brought it every night he has the tools to be a top power forward in the league. Where as Seguin is more consistent. He plays to his strengths.

Although I think Seguin is the safer pick, I'd still take Hall on my team because of the potential.

Archived