The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seguin vs Hall

Pyrene

Hall will always have higher expectations placed upon him in respect to his value to the Oilers. He is their future captain and 'go to guy'. Seguin will have highly skilled vets around him that will absorb much of the pressure and attention he might get.

I think this might force Hall into developing quicker and (perhaps) become even better than what was projected.

Datsyuk has probably the sickest dangles in the league, but in terms of points production, M.St. Louis can produce more(not to take anything away from Datsyuk, as 1. he's a 2way center 2. still produces at about a ppg). M. St. Louis is also nowhere as flashy as Datsyuk is.

But in terms of pure production, and this is purely my preference, I'd take St.Louis over Datsyuk.

Just trying to say you don't have to have the sickest dangles to produce.

you can't really go wrong either way, but i would definitely take seguin. the point difference can be explained by the fact that the bruins are letting him develop progressively, the bruins play a defensive game style, he's not playing at his natural position, and the bruins PP sucks.

Hall is a wrecking ball, and i'm afraid his career may be cut short because of that (à la Cam Neely).

either way seguin plays a better two way game (he's a +32, compared to Hall's +5). i'd take him.

Seguin- he will end up playing more games as Hall keeps getting hit with his head down. Those concussions will eventually slow Hall down, either as he tries to change his game to avoid further injury or simply because his brain will slow down.

Archived