The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biggest fears going into the playoffs?

Canouver

Lack of scoring.

Our defence is pretty solid physically. Of course it'll get exposed, as it always seems to be against a good coaching system, but we have the best goalie tandem in the league to back them up so I doubt we'll lose due to poor defence/goals against.

Our forwards in the meanwhile have sucked some serious ass of late. 8 goals for in our last 5 games, this team has no real super star goal scorer and just a lot of passers. Essentially, our only true snipers are Burrows, Higgins and Garrison. That is quite frankly not good enough. Daniel has as many goals as his brother, and Kesler has been missing the majority of his shots.

If we get pumped out of the playoffs, it'll be the same reason we were against Boston and L.A - a tough, physical defence with a red-hot goalie who will shut us down. We may win most goalie duels, but we won't even be able to score 1 or 2 goals against a good defence and good goalie the way we're going right now. Powerplay is a big reason for this too.

Health is my main concern going into the post season, the team is like a machine if one peice/part is missing the whole machine will break down lol. My second concern would be the defensive giveaways, I think if we can limit those and have a healthy roster we will be doing amazing things in the post season.

Offence. We still haven't really seen 2-3 line rolling all at once. That scares me. The defense and goaltending has ben great for the most part of this season and almost unstoppable the last month or two so that is no concern. But we need to start to bury our chances, and most definitely have traffic in front of the net from game 1, not game 3-4 like last year....

Archived