The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows is french for throw me in the box

woodywoodman

I'm getting tired of Burrows getting the raw end of the deal all the time.

His rant a couple years ago is still haunting him. It's really surprising that he leads the league in minor penalties. He's too good of a player to be leading this stat.

Usually minors are for hooking, holding or tripping because someone is too slow.

Burrows is far from being too slow. And he seems to take a beating in front of the net, and rarely draws a penalty.

Keep your head up Burrows, us Nucks fans can see the real truth.

im not surprised that Burrows has been treated like this at all.. not sure why you would be OP..

look no further than any GM who speaks out against the NHL.. FINED.

The officials are cut from the same cloth.. speak out against game management, against poor officiating and blown calls that we've seen consistently for several seasons now and consider yourself a target.

even though Burrows spoke out with merrit he is now piblic enemy number 1 for the nhl officials gentlemens country club.. add to that that Burrows happens to play for the canucks and that automatically means hes a diver too as far as the NHL is concerned.

Stuff like this is particularly why I respect the league half as much as I used to.. whats to respect?? the officiating is crap almost all the time these days, the whole travisty with the lockout, the complete horsecrap job theyve done with player discipline.. yeah, tough to have much respect for this league..

It's happened for awhile now...what other player has been accosted like he was by Auger pre-game? Hint: none. Absolute crap how things have played out.

The good thing is that he's learned to live/play around it...doesn't seem to faze or distract him much anymore. He used to spend some time after the fact in pleading his case to the refs...maybe should have used a hammer (just kidding, but it honestly is likely the only way to make it stop). He just doesn't even skip a beat anymore...I've noticed that with Kes, too. They're over it and the other teams spend far more time complaining than our guys. The Blackhawks game was a perfect example.

What doesn't break you makes you stronger....

Carry on, WWNHL...

I think you're full of it.

Have you watched Burrows play? He takes dumb penalties ... all the time. Whenever he gets beat he pulls the guy down. When he goes into the corners he basically sticks the guy somewhere in the legs everytime. He's chippy but small and that gets him a lot of penalites too. Worst of all he's a yap box and he yells at the refs all the time.

Take the homer glasses off folks, Burrows is leading the league in penalties because he is undisciplined, not because there is a league wide referee vendetta against him.

It's time for Burrows to start thinking about the team because his penalties are hurting the entire team.

im not surprised that Burrows has been treated like this at all.. not sure why you would be OP..

look no further than any GM who speaks out against the NHL.. FINED.

The officials are cut from the same cloth.. speak out against game management, against poor officiating and blown calls that we've seen consistently for several seasons now and consider yourself a target.

even though Burrows spoke out with merrit he is now piblic enemy number 1 for the nhl officials gentlemens country club.. add to that that Burrows happens to play for the canucks and that automatically means hes a diver too as far as the NHL is concerned.

Have you watched Burrows play? He takes dumb penalties ... all the time. Whenever he gets beat he pulls the guy down. When he goes into the corners he basically sticks the guy somewhere in the legs everytime. He's chippy but small and that gets him a lot of penalites too. Worst of all he's a yap box and he yells at the refs all the time.

Take the homer glasses off folks, Burrows is leading the league in penalties because he is undisciplined, not because there is a league wide referee vendetta against him.

It's time for Burrows to start thinking about the team because his penalties are hurting the entire team.

All players can get a bad rep. It's up to the player to fly under the radar and pay a cleaner game then usual, not the refs job to be extra nice to him. This happens to all players, you got to suck it up and get back in their good books by playing 100% by the rules.

After the Auger incident he even claimed on a HNIC intermission interview, that Kelly Sutherland was one other the leagues best refs. And that was after taking some bad calls and getting chopped down all night in front of the net.

There is no doubt in my mind, he is being targeted by the league. He has already tried to make amends, what else can be done. Up to MG now? Or maybe that will make it worse?

I half (1/2) agree with you Dogbyte, but in saying that, I witnessed Bur getting a full on head check forearm directed to his head, not more than ten feet in front on me, no call. A play just after that, taken out, without the puck on a rush....explain that. (by the way the force, in that clear head shot was more than #36 who got a game for Hossa's confused thoughts)

Yoets vs Nucks

It's actually no even funny anymore. I'm with you on Bur's playing style causing lots of his "run in's with the law" but hey, it's pretty obvious now, the refs have a HUGE hate on for him.

All players can get a bad rep. It's up to the player to fly under the radar and pay a cleaner game then usual, not the refs job to be extra nice to him. This happens to all players, you got to suck it up and get back in their good books by playing 100% by the rules. LOL, trust me I know. I've been known to rub a referee or two the wrong way myself and it always plays out the same way. The ref is in charge and the player is sitting for 2.

When was the last time you watched a game, April 2011?

The refs job is to call consistently - NOT based on the number/name on the jersey. It doesn't happen to "all" players, which is the point here. Put the ref fan club card down, there's no denying that Burr takes a lot of crap that isn't called then, when he doles some back, it is. And that isn't good in any league. Either let it all go or call it all...you can't pick and choose and your very own wording indicates that that's the case: "All players can get a bad rep"

Refs aren't there to pick favourites or be judge and jury on character...they are to make calls on violations of the rules. Anything beyond this is inappropriate, as it becomes an abuse of power....

After the Auger incident he even claimed on a HNIC intermission interview, that Kelly Sutherland was one other the leagues best refs. And that was after taking some bad calls and getting chopped down all night in front of the net.

There is no doubt in my mind, he is being targeted by the league. He has already tried to make amends, what else can be done. Up to MG now? Or maybe that will make it worse?

The Auger incident absolutely destroyed Burrows. These refs aren't perfect. Every once in awhile some of them will do their part to stick it to Burrows. I firmly believe this is happening, but it's almost impossible to prove which is why it can continue. frack these garbage refs.

Archived