The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows is french for throw me in the box

woodywoodman

Isnt Auger out of the league now? And if Im not mistaken, Kelly Sutherland is a local boy from Richmond.

Only proves that Auger's actions WERE, in fact, inappropriate (so we have a case here).

And Clifford Olsen was also a local boy from Richmond....your point being?

and anyone in disagreement with me will be thrown in the box, NHL style

I think the NHl have sent a message to teams divers and embelleshers already. I think Burrows and even Kesler got the message, and of course a bunch of other NHL players also got the message from the leauge. Burrows has really changed his game, in terms of how he use to play, he doesn't complain as much any

Isnt Auger out of the league now? And if Im not mistaken, Kelly Sutherland is a local boy from Richmond.

Backes cuts himself with his thumbnail taking his helmet off while Burr tries to restrain him to prevent a Backes-Ballard fight, Burrows gets a 4-minute double minor.

Jackman takes his glove off, punches Burrows in the face, Burrows gets penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, Jackman not penalized.

I think the NHl have sent a message to teams divers and embelleshers already. I think Burrows and even Kesler got the message, and of course a bunch of other NHL players also got the message from the leauge. Burrows has really changed his game, in terms of how he use to play, he doesn't complain as much any

Auger I believe it out of the leauge. I havent seen his name ANYWHERE all season long.

That was his own undoing. Mother fracker Auger.

I'd say the refs' treatment of Burrows is more about reducing the effectiveness of our first line and less about the Auger incident. Burr, Hank and Dank are systematically slashed, bear-hugged, hooked and high sticked this year. The Sedins have had their sticks slashed in half plenty this year, never drawing a call. Every team knows its open season on the Canucks.

I've just been overjoyed to see our first liners all give zero sh!ts about it and play their best ever hockey in response.

I think you're full of it.

Have you watched Burrows play? He takes dumb penalties ... all the time. Whenever he gets beat he pulls the guy down. When he goes into the corners he basically sticks the guy somewhere in the legs everytime. He's chippy but small and that gets him a lot of penalites too. Worst of all he's a yap box and he yells at the refs all the time.

Take the homer glasses off folks, Burrows is leading the league in penalties because he is undisciplined, not because there is a league wide referee vendetta against him.

It's time for Burrows to start thinking about the team because his penalties are hurting the entire team.

All players can get a bad rep. It's up to the player to fly under the radar and pay a cleaner game then usual, not the refs job to be extra nice to him. This happens to all players, you got to suck it up and get back in their good books by playing 100% by the rules. LOL, trust me I know. I've been known to rub a referee or two the wrong way myself and it always plays out the same way. The ref is in charge and the player is sitting for 2.

I have to say I've lost a lot of respect for the game. Maybe there's to much hockey, to many replays, it certainly tends to show the officials for what they are. Frustrated policmen, I'm sure they'd rather be a player than a ref. The thing is they can't and they show it every time they step on the ice. Chip on the shoulder. Any one that even looks at them in the wrong way is in for a long night. What's with the need for players to retrieve the pucks for officials and then pick it up and hand it to them. the linesmen can't bend over and pick up a puck now. Players are going out their ways to be looked on favourable....why ? because it's apparent officials are no longer able to be detached in their game calls. The games are no longer officiated they're managed. The league tells the officials who to watch out for in a game and if they want to suck up and make sure they do the play-offs ( more momey ) the officials make sure they do the league bidding for them. A call against Burrows is a plus.

No doubt Burr is getting a raw deal,not surprised after the Auger incident.Gillis hasn't made the Nucks situation better by calling out the Refs in our last playoff series against Chicago.

Here's the thing though...in these situations, keeping quiet plays into the behaviour and allows it to continue unchecked. It takes courage to stand your ground (Gillis has done this throughout his involvement with the NHL)...going against the grain often means you stand alone. But, eventually, it calls to task those in the "club" who think they are immune to criticism.

It wouldn't have gotten better if he hadn't been honest and vocal either, that's for sure. And it at least brings attention to it, rather than allowing a sweeping under the rug.

You can only make excuses and BS for so long before it catches up. Freedom of speech....why not call out injustices? I HATE that the NHL has this rule that you can be penalized and fined for doing so...that speaks volumes in itself. Since when can't you state your opinion in an open and honest way? Even if it is unflattering? Total garbage. Sure, there's a time and a place but you have to allow for that process to happen. Or it becomes a dictatorship in my mind.

I hate when people think you have to live by "shhh, don't wake the sleeping giant". To hell with that, wake him with a good swift kick to the head and a "hey, what are you doing?". We need people in this world who stand up for change that needs to happen, not wait and hope that it will.

I half (1/2) agree with you Dogbyte, but in saying that, I witnessed Bur getting a full on head check forearm directed to his head, not more than ten feet in front on me, no call. A play just after that, taken out, without the puck on a rush....explain that. (by the way the force, in that clear head shot was more than #36 who got a game for Hossa's confused thoughts)

Yoets vs Nucks

It's actually no even funny anymore. I'm with you on Bur's playing style causing lots of his "run in's with the law" but hey, it's pretty obvious now, the refs have a HUGE hate on for him.

When was the last time you watched a game, April 2011?

The refs job is to call consistently - NOT based on the number/name on the jersey. It doesn't happen to "all" players, which is the point here. Put the ref fan club card down, there's no denying that Burr takes a lot of crap that isn't called then, when he doles some back, it is. And that isn't good in any league. Either let it all go or call it all...you can't pick and choose and your very own wording indicates that that's the case: "All players can get a bad rep"

Refs aren't there to pick favourites or be judge and jury on character...they are to make calls on violations of the rules. Anything beyond this is inappropriate, as it becomes an abuse of power....

Here's the thing though...in these situations, keeping quiet plays into the behaviour and allows it to continue unchecked. It takes courage to stand your ground (Gillis has done this throughout his involvement with the NHL)...going against the grain often means you stand alone. But, eventually, it calls to task those in the "club" who think they are immune to criticism.

It wouldn't have gotten better if he hadn't been honest and vocal either, that's for sure. And it at least brings attention to it, rather than allowing a sweeping under the rug.

You can only make excuses and BS for so long before it catches up. Freedom of speech....why not call out injustices? I HATE that the NHL has this rule that you can be penalized and fined for doing so...that speaks volumes in itself. Since when can't you state your opinion in an open and honest way? Even if it is unflattering? Total garbage. Sure, there's a time and a place but you have to allow for that process to happen. Or it becomes a dictatorship in my mind.

I hate when people think you have to live by "shhh, don't wake the sleeping giant". To hell with that, wake him with a good swift kick to the head and a "hey, what are you doing?". We need people in this world who stand up for change that needs to happen, not wait and hope that it will.

Have you watched him play? Because 9 times out of 10 when Burrows gets called for a penalty there was at least one committed against him that goes uncalled. He gets cross checked, slashed, interfered with, and held right in front of the refs and they don't call anything....until Burrows reacts.

Honestly, sometimes people trying to prove they aren't "homers" are the most biased people of all.

And as for Auger being unprofessional and being kicked out of the NHL because of it, anyone believing "homer" fans are just making up stories should check their facts!

Source: http://www.theglobea...article4268270/

9 times out of 10 Poetica? My spidey sense says I doubt it's that high but whatever.

Another way to look at it is how many of the power plays we get are weak calls as well. My point is that there could probably be 150 penalties called a game but they call 3-8 against each team, Burrows just makes it easy.

Am I the only one that say's, "frack Burrows", when he takes a dumb penalty at a crucial moment?

Archived