The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dream Thread

BananaMash

Guest Gumballthechewy

Man, you guys should learn to lucid dream, there's nothing quite like it, well maybe acid... Ooo! lucid dreaming on acid!

Well anyway, years ago when my oldest dog was a puppy,

This one:

DSC00327_zps9637dfe7.jpg?t=1364270676

Not long after I brought her home I had a strange dream: I was living in a dystopian world, there was military everywhere, guard towers, spot lights, barbed wire fences, nobody had personal freedom, there was curfew, nobody had a name really we were all just drones basically, stuff like that, and I was just another drone but one day I found this puppy, my new dog in real life, and I knew that if the goverment found out about her they'd take her away and kill her and possibly me too for keeping her so I had to run, I had to take her away to safety, to where they couldn't take her from me. So I ran and I was chased my the military, I had help from others who wanted to escape too and the puppy became something of a symbol for freedom.

It was strange.

@Gumball, I can lucid dream. Well, I could. I found that I never feel rested after doing it so I don't try to get into it that often anymore. I still remember most of my dreams and can usually go into it if I really want to. It's great, but I always feel tired after.

If I take melatonin before bed my dreams are usually super messed up

Guest Gumballthechewy

@Gumball, I can lucid dream. Well, I could. I found that I never feel rested after doing it so I don't try to get into it that often anymore. I still remember most of my dreams and can usually go into it if I really want to. It's great, but I always feel tired after.

Guest Gumballthechewy

It is a lot of fun though, certainly worth learning how to do. I remember way more of my dreams now too, which is awesome.

I have dreams where it takes place in one place and then I'll turn a corner or something and end up somewhere else. For example, I'll be at the mall one moment and I'll go up an escalator and end up at home.

I don't remember the details of most of my dreams, but they're usually pretty weird.

If I take melatonin before bed my dreams are usually super messed up

last night drempt I was in abbotsford, and after trying to meet my gfs friend (who wasn't home, and irl lives in calgary) we went to the store, and there was cereal in sale for 90 cents, but was spread out over the store not in one section, and had to madly choose one before the store closed and every good cereal I picked wasn't on sale :(

last night drempt I was in abbotsford, and after trying to meet my gfs friend (who wasn't home, and irl lives in calgary) we went to the store, and there was cereal in sale for 90 cents, but was spread out over the store not in one section, and had to madly choose one before the store closed and every good cereal I picked wasn't on sale :(

Okay so I might as well share mine from last night, it's interesting.

I was at a field watching these cheerleaders dance. It was like a stadium, and all of a sudden there was a HUGE explosion in the player entrance tunnel, so myself and a huge group of people run into the dressing room. There's a guy in a cowboy hat and leather trench coat with a bunch of wolves in there, but the wolves are all dead. He yells "The explosions I set off killed my wolves" and we all tried to comfort him.

Had a pretty ridiculous one last night.

I dreamt I was in a yacht and accidentally started the engine.

I got really scared and didn't know how to turn it off, so I thought about jumping over the edge, but when I looked out I noticed that the yacht was actually going really fast through the downtown area of some city and wasn't in the water anymore, so I had to stay inside of it. The yacht would run into buildings and just go straight through them like they were made of paper.

So I decided to just hide out inside the yacht watch the world go by and watch news reports about the whole situation. Apparently I made it down to Argentina, where the coast guard was kind enough to airlift my friends and family (against their will) on to the yacht so they could come with me as I cruised around the world in it, still freaking out about how I was going to get off.

Archived