Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

ECQF: (3) Washington Capitals vs (6) New York Rangers

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win the Series? (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the Series?

1. Capitals in 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Capitals in 5 (6 votes [6.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

3. Capitals in 6 (26 votes [29.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.21%

4. Capitals in 7 (25 votes [28.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.09%

5. Rangers in 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Rangers in 5 (5 votes [5.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

7. Rangers in 6 (12 votes [13.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.48%

8. Rangers in 7 (15 votes [16.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#211 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,725 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

"that and the sens have more experience, toughness and a better goaltender than the isles"

Opps read it too fast

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#212 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,445 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Opps read it too fast

all good. i'm not disregarding the pens at all, but with the isles, they have a much weaker team than the sens, who took out the habs who where probably the favourites, and really got in to their heads and had no problem at all dispatching them, while the pens had a pretty hard time getting rid of the islanders. all they had to do was swap out fleury for vokoun

2dvpkl4.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

It's the year to be hated. I support our team.

I do take sig requests.

#213 The Ghost of Tom Joad

The Ghost of Tom Joad

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Remember when everybody compared Ovechkin to Crosby 5 years ago? Can you even make that comparison today without being laughed at?

Ovechkin is barely in the top 5 players in the league now. Honestly, I'm not even sure if he's the best player on that team; Backstrom might be better.

#214 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

I never said anything about Crosby! Yeah I'm a huge fan, but I totally recognize that he has a good team around him

My opinion of Ovechkin is independent of that. I think he has a poor work ethic. I think he's a lazy backchecker, he's inconsistent, and he picks and chooses when to put in a 100% effort.

I don't respect players like that. A leader like Ryan Callahan is a blue collar player - does whatever it takes to win, and puts the team's needs in front of his own. Hence, I feel him and his team deserved to win.

Well he had 13 hits in game 7. I don't know how you can say he doesn't care. Sure he didn't score but he tried to lead the team with his physical play.

Plus Washington wouldn't even have made the playoffs if he didn't put the team on his back and carried them the second half of the season.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#215 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Remember when everybody compared Ovechkin to Crosby 5 years ago? Can you even make that comparison today without being laughed at?

Ovechkin is barely in the top 5 players in the league now. Honestly, I'm not even sure if he's the best player on that team; Backstrom might be better.

His game is totally different from Crosby he is a goal scorer and a sniper and he is relied on to carry the team by scoring goals. He plays like Kessel and Kovalchuk in that he needs a center to get him the puck and is most dangerous off the rush.

You still need secondary scoring. Ovechkin is still top 5 in the league easy. He is the best sniper in the game or at the very least the same level as Stamkos and he proved it this year.

The only reason he had those 2 down years was because he was forced to play a defensive system because Washington thought they had to change their style to be successful in the playoffs after losing in the first round in 2010 to the Habs, which in reality they dominated the Habs but ran into a hot goalie in Halak.

He's back now that Washington has returned to their identity as an offensive team.

Edited by Chip Kelly, 14 May 2013 - 01:37 AM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#216 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

It is kind of hard to understand why Washington don't do better. They're a team that would probably benefit if the league started calling more penalties again like just after the lockout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.