The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Canucks vs Sharks Rnd 1**

carlweezer

There aren't many advanced statistics that I can find that distinctly separate these 2 teams on paper. Neither team is great on the road - which makes Van's home ice crucial. SJS has had the luxury of icing a healthy team most the season - obviously Van has not. Therefore, we just don't know what Canucks real underlying #'s are - there were too many injuries. I'd wager Canucks underlying #'s are much better than SJS had they both iced healthy lineups.

SJS has not played a single game against Kesler or Roy this season. Bieksa, Raymond, Kassian, Booth, Ballard have all missed games against SJS this yr. Meanwhile, SJS has iced near perfectly healthy lineups vs. Canucks this season.

If Canucks can win all games on home ice, Canuck in 6. Booya.

I think the Canucks are just waiting to turn up their game for the playoffs, like their display vs Chicago. Last year everyone wanted to play the Kings, look how that turned out. I still think the Canucks' best chance is vs the Sharks, just looking forward to watch some playoff hockey - win or lose. Canucks in 6.

Joe Thornton and Henrik Sedin are the two players to keep your eye on in this series. Both are #1 center playmakers, and both are captain of their respective teams. Look for Joe to continue to try and get under the Sedins skin.

Special teams will play a big part in a series like this, I can see lots of scrums and penalties being handed out after the play.

Should be a great series!

My prediction: Canucks in 6

Archived