The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Canucks/Sharks to be shown on TSN!

Who watches TV on a 3" screen? Even further, who PAYS to watch TV on a 3" screen?

TSN has great coverage but this is horrible news for me. No cable and no CBC live stream = I'm stuck having to watch the playoffs on some low grade, choppy 250kbps illegal feed.

so bummed

ya, telus has standard def TSN available, just found out. i'm paying for the high def, but i could always watch on low def (really.. what's the point of broadcasting so much low def).

You all do know that in the US, the broadcasters HAVE to broadcast EVERYTHING in high def.

The fact we have so much low def is the same reason we pay so much for cellular... thanks CRTC! Way to keep our canadian content laws in place! wouldn't want to make us play on an even playing field and actually excel and succeed and be able to compete - no, we would rather lower the bar so anyone (er... wait a sec, there is no competition)... never mind...

on a brighter note, should be a good series! I was at the sharks game 2 years ago when the canucks lost - it is UNBELIEVABLE how great the sharks fans are. it's a great market down there - tons of interest in the team, etc. that is a great success story for a US southernish market. I think west coast works for hockey, deep south doesn't...

TSN cover the 1st-3rd round I think. They have gradually gotten more coverage over the years.

I hope people complaining about it being on TSN are either dirt poor or can't get access to TSN. Because if you have the money and access to TSN and won't pay a few bucks to watch playoff games you are either an extreme skinflint or aren't much of a fan.

I'm very happy this series is on TSN! It saves us from listening to PJ Stocks stupidity! He's one dumb sports caster. I'm sure the only reason he's on is to give people a few laughs with his idiotic comments. Thank you TSN!

ya, telus has standard def TSN available, just found out. i'm paying for the high def, but i could always watch on low def (really.. what's the point of broadcasting so much low def).

You all do know that in the US, the broadcasters HAVE to broadcast EVERYTHING in high def.

The fact we have so much low def is the same reason we pay so much for cellular... thanks CRTC! Way to keep our canadian content laws in place! wouldn't want to make us play on an even playing field and actually excel and succeed and be able to compete - no, we would rather lower the bar so anyone (er... wait a sec, there is no competition)... never mind...

on a brighter note, should be a good series! I was at the sharks game 2 years ago when the canucks lost - it is UNBELIEVABLE how great the sharks fans are. it's a great market down there - tons of interest in the team, etc. that is a great success story for a US southernish market. I think west coast works for hockey, deep south doesn't...

Archived