The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo is ice cold unconfident going into playoffs wow

yete

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd(went to a movie), and after the movie I checked my phone to see Edmonton embarrassed the Chicago Wolves. I gotta say, I was surprised to see most of the GDT actually defending Luongo last night. I never seen any 3rd period highlights, but some of the goals must have just been brutal on the teams sake if people still defended Luongo after letting in 7 goals.

His little media "i'm a good guy" song and dance doesn't fool me.

His press conference after deadline however speaks volumes of how badly he wants out of Vancouver.

He is not 100% committed to this team, he ran away bailing last night, for god sake.

I hope for the sake of this team he stops feeling sorry for himself and at least makes an attempt at taking his #1 status/ career back.

As of right now we are watching his demise and it gets more pathetic by the day.

Man up and play you big baby.

Do you guys think Luongo wanted to let in those 7 goals and be the worse player of the game while he had been playing so well? No doubt that Luuu made some mistakes, but after that 4th goal, the whole team was off and Luuu was out there being toyed by the oilers. You make this thread will just hurt him more. I bet you are a Schneider supporter instead of Canucks fan. If Schneider doesnt return before game 1, we can only rely on Luuu.

Stop with these threads please

The only thing that worries me about Luongo is his lateral movement... he seems to be sliding across on his belly a lot whereas Schneider slides across on his knees... this makes Luongo extremely vulnerable to top shelf shots and it seems many teams have picked that up

However, I will not worry if Luongo plays for us in the playoffs for us at least for a couple games

Do you guys think Luongo wanted to let in those 7 goals and be the worse player of the game while he had been playing so well? No doubt that Luuu made some mistakes, but after that 4th goal, the whole team was off and Luuu was out there being toyed by the oilers. You make this thread will just hurt him more. I bet you are a Schneider supporter instead of Canucks fan. If Schneider doesnt return before game 1, we can only rely on Luuu.

Stop with these threads please

About two of those goals were his fault, the other 5 the team just gave up in front of him along with multiple give aways in the defensive end. What's with AV always hanging Lou out to dry? I'm convinced it was AV that started this whole decline and the "Lou is mentally weak" crap when he hung him out to dry in that first big series against Chicago back in 2010.

Had AV of started Cory in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals and then come back to Lou for game 5 I'm sure Canucks would've been Champs.

Yeah, the first 2 were bad. The team gave up after the next one, when it was tied at 2. OK it was dumb to start Luongo but even dumber when AV never even called a time out after the 3rd goal against Canucks. He needed to be a coach and he perfered to do nothing. Oh yeah he was smirking when the media asked him about Schneiders "injury" and again when he pulled Henrik early in the game. Is he smirking now? I think he has just "non coached" himself out of the playoffs early.

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd(went to a movie), and after the movie I checked my phone to see Edmonton embarrassed the Chicago Wolves. I gotta say, I was surprised to see most of the GDT actually defending Luongo last night. I never seen any 3rd period highlights, but some of the goals must have just been brutal on the teams sake if people still defended Luongo after letting in 7 goals.

The team just flat out stopped playing for him. It was a tight 2-2 affair until after the half way point of the 3rd period and Luongo was playing VERY well but he made one big mistake when he went out of the net on the 4th Edmonton goal and then the team just quit. To just blame Luongo is lazy and pretty much the story of Luongo's life, unfortunately.

I don't want to hear the excuse that the Canucks iced an AHL roster. First of all, they didn't. All they were missing was their first line and 3 of their regular defensemen. A shorthanded roster? Yes, but far from an AHL roster. Second of all, the group that was put out there last nice managed to play a 2-2 hockey game through most of the game, so they were obviously fully capable. They just stopped playing, as this mentally soft team often does. It scares the hell out of me because they did it against Chicago and they did it against Boston. They easily fall apart like soaking wet paper and, although he has definitely lost a few games on his own, they completely leave Luongo out to dry in the process.

Umm...

I was with you until you said no AHL roster

Henrik

Daniel

Burrows

Hammer

Edler

Tanev

Schnieder

All six of those players are all star calibre players at both ends of the ice. Thats just absurd to say the team could compete without them in the lineup.

Not to mention Kesler wasn't given much ice and certainly wasn't going to go balls out in this game, and after he took a puck too the head.

None of the players wanted to come out of that game with an injury so the effort and drive was not there for a REASON. But that impacts Lou...

Dude really...think about that for a second lol. Do you get what size, speed and skill does to the other team? it wears them out, it makes them get on their heals, not take chances etc etc.

Take that out of a lineup what happens?

The issue is. If AV was smart, he should have pulled Lou at 2-2 because he was playing very well, and he enters the playoffs with confidence. Granted AV couldn't have expected a team meltdown but a smart coach would have done that, not to mention what if Lou got hurt with CS potentially out game 1? Dumb move.

Umm...

I was with you until you said no AHL roster

Henrik

Daniel

Burrows

Hammer

Edler

Tanev

Schnieder

All six of those players are all star calibre players at both ends of the ice. Thats just absurd to say the team could compete without them in the lineup.

Not to mention Kesler wasn't given much ice and certainly wasn't going to go balls out in this game, and after he took a puck too the head.

None of the players wanted to come out of that game with an injury so the effort and drive was not there for a REASON. But that impacts Lou...

Dude really...think about that for a second lol. Do you get what size, speed and skill does to the other team? it wears them out, it makes them get on their heals, not take chances etc etc.

Take that out of a lineup what happens?

The issue is. If AV was smart, he should have pulled Lou at 2-2 because he was playing very well, and he enters the playoffs with confidence. Granted AV couldn't have expected a team meltdown but a smart coach would have done that, not to mention what if Lou got hurt with CS potentially out game 1? Dumb move.

Archived