The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo is ice cold unconfident going into playoffs wow

yete

Don't you ever get sick of the team melting down, too? What I'm sick of is this mentality among the fans, and even the team itself I bet, that the goaltending is always the main concern. If the team would stop being pussies and compete, we wouldn't see any more meltdowns from Luongo either.

If true, then his play should match up with the rest of this team. The whole bunch look cold and lacking in confidence. Why should LU be any different.

As for last night, he did not play well for sure but to be given the oportunity to play only because Schneids is injured and then left in to be humiliated on national TV would piss anyone off.

That AV showwed no sympathy or connection to Lu afterwards paints a picture of what an out-of-touch a$$ bag AV is. ..and I'm a Cory supporter.

How many years of messing with players minds and confidence will it take for Aquilini to force MG's hand?

THe lines are a mess, the D pairings still experimental and the goalie situation a media circus. Great job AV!

Tough to send a message that the team needs to compete when the captain is in stree clohes by the first intermision He at least could have stayed dressed and on the bench.

However, that does not excuse Luongo from turning into a seive when he should be motivated to at least try to earn his job back.

Umm...

I was with you until you said no AHL roster

Henrik

Daniel

Burrows

Hammer

Edler

Tanev

Schnieder

All six of those players are all star calibre players at both ends of the ice. Thats just absurd to say the team could compete without them in the lineup. Dude really...think about that for a second lol. Do you get what size, speed and skill does to the other team? it wears them out, it makes them get on their heals, not take chances etc etc.Take that out of a lineup what happens?

Not to mention Kesler wasn't given much ice and certainly wasn't going to go balls out in this game, and after he took a puck too the head.

None of the players wanted to come out of that game with an injury so the effort and drive was not there for a REASON. But that impacts Lou...

You say that they fell apart like wet paper. Its not even our starting lineup, guys arent trying because they need to rest and avoid injury and you act like its the end of the world.

The issue is. If AV was smart, he should have pulled Lou at 2-2 because he was playing very well, and he enters the playoffs with confidence. Granted AV couldn't have expected a team meltdown but a smart coach would have done that, not to mention what if Lou got hurt with CS potentially out game 1? Dumb move.

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd(went to a movie), and after the movie I checked my phone to see Edmonton embarrassed the Chicago Wolves. I gotta say, I was surprised to see most of the GDT actually defending Luongo last night. I never seen any 3rd period highlights, but some of the goals must have just been brutal on the teams sake if people still defended Luongo after letting in 7 goals.

I hope Lu fakes an injury and sits it out. Fans and team don't want him? Fine, enjoy life with an injured Schneider and a green Cannata.

Lu should walk out with his head high and his middle finger even higher. Would love to see him win the cup next year. It would be justice and a well deserved face wash to the entire Canucks organization.

I hope Schneider starts just so fans and media won't have the Luongo excuse if they don't make it out of the 1st round or very far. Then we will see who gets the blame. If going out in the 1st round this season means AV and MG are fired I would not mind.

I love Lu but I do think he his best chance at a cup will be on another team with a fresh start with a new coach.

Lu has never played this bad? Are you really basing his play off of the Edmonton game?

Forget about that game. Has Schneider ever had Joslin, Corrado, and Barker playing as top defensemen in front of him? No. That was a write off game that meant nothing. Move on.

Luongo's a big boy that has had stinker games before. He'll bounce back like he always has.

Have some damn faith in him. This guy lead us to game 7, he's more than capable of winning for us. Our focus should be on guys like the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, and Hamhuis stepping up and leading this team.

No kidding!!

Lu didn't play a great game but let's face it, for the second game in a row, the team payed a big egg and played uninspired and defensively weak hockey. He could be more pissed at how his team is setting him up to fail than for the coach leaving him in.

THe goaltending is good enough to go deep. THe problem with thei team is the 18 guys in front of the goalies. With the exception of 3 of the 48 games this year, they have looked like anything but a contending team.

I hope Lu fakes an injury and sits it out. Fans and team don't want him? Fine, enjoy life with an injured Schneider and a green Cannata.

Lu should walk out with his head high and his middle finger even higher. Would love to see him win the cup next year. It would be justice and a well deserved face wash to the entire Canucks organization.

If Luongo starts in this series and plays well and Cory comes back and is healthy but sitting the pine can you imagine the controversy that will happen. Will be a total gong show. No one is going to convince me that is all laddy dah fine and dandy. Its Cory's team now, he starts when he's healthy. Until then if he's not Luongo plays..but Im not worried the least about Schneider tho.. i think its total gamesmanship being played here.

Archived