It's the defence.

it's the defender.

It's the defence man

The game is meaningless

AV shoulda pulled him

Poor Luongo, he has been such a great sport

The fans are so mean to him

Blah blah blah blah blabber!!!

He makes like 120k a game starting or not.

Could you imagine putting out an effort like that over a 10 min span while making 120k!!!!

Then!!!!!

Have everyone feel sorry for you!!!!!

Again, he is a one of the highest paid professional goaltenders in the universe

These burnt clutch, brain fart, meltdowns are completely inexcusable.

Anyone that feels sorry for a multimillionaire that disgraces himself and the organization on countless occasions for no apparent reason, completely out of the blue are completely and utterly challenged mentally.

That was not how I understood what he said in his interview. He said he was given the choice of whether or not to leave or spend the rest of the game on the bench. He said he thought the cameras would just stay on him (because he was on the bench but not playing) so he decided to just go ahead and leave.

Beyond that, I too have to admit I'm questioning Hank's leadership. I love Hank as a player, but as a captain he doesn't seem to be able to inspire or even lead by example when the team really needs it. We've seen him phone it in just as much as the rest of the team, and he should be out there demanding more of himself and the team at all times.

About two of those goals were his fault, the other 5 the team just gave up in front of him along with multiple give aways in the defensive end. What's with AV always hanging Lou out to dry? I'm convinced it was AV that started this whole decline and the "Lou is mentally weak" crap when he hung him out to dry in that first big series against Chicago back in 2010.

Had AV of started Cory in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals and then come back to Lou for game 5 I'm sure Canucks would've been Champs.

For real???

Luongo had reason to be pissed and AV is seriously THE biggest douche and number one reason this team has not had greater success in post season play! What kind of an idiot coach consistently blasts the confidence of respected veterans and never gives any leash during the season for young players to gain confidence. No time-out? No goalie change? I'm sure MG and Acquilini were happy watching AV torch Luongo's value.

In respect to your Luongo comments.....Roberto's melt downs in many cases are due to effort and this is inexcusable and the sole largest reason Schneider was never traded. If he was so pissed off Saturday perhaps he should have shown it on the ice. I can think of 6.7 million reasons for him to play his best at ALL times.

Yes. I fully back classy individuals over a douchebag organization. I cheer the players in the jersey, not the people who own and run the team. I'm a Luongo fan, a Naslund fan, a Linden fan, a Sedin fan. I'm not an Aquini, Gillis or AV fan. I have cheered for the boys in the Canucks jersey since I was born and I'll be damned if I let some Internet blowhard tell me how I cheer.

This organization is a disgrace for how they treat their players, most of the fans are a disgrace for how they treat the players as well. Get off your soapbox sister because you are in that pile too. There are more Canucks with bus tracks on their backs from people like you than there have ever been from me. And you still call yourself a fan.

I agree with the bolded. I was disappointed to find out that Hank left the game by choice (it was reported that after Hank's first shift, AV told him it was his choice whether or not he played the rest of the game and he chose to leave the game).

Hank's the captain. He should have been playing with the team up until the last buzzer of the regular season, even if the other key players were scratched. That's what being a captain is all about. You don't take a night off.

I get that we want to keep our players healthy for the playoffs. I do, and that's why I wish AV had just scratched him completely. But no, both he and Hank wanted to keep the iron man streak alive and Hank simply played a 22 second shift to accomplish that. I dunno, just rubs me the wrong way.

The team just flat out stopped playing for him. It was a tight 2-2 affair until after the half way point of the 3rd period and Luongo was playing VERY well but he made one big mistake when he went out of the net on the 4th Edmonton goal and then the team just quit. To just blame Luongo is lazy and pretty much the story of Luongo's life, unfortunately.

I don't want to hear the excuse that the Canucks iced an AHL roster. First of all, they didn't. All they were missing was their first line and 3 of their regular defensemen. A shorthanded roster? Yes, but far from an AHL roster. Second of all, the group that was put out there last nice managed to play a 2-2 hockey game through most of the game, so they were obviously fully capable. They just stopped playing, as this mentally soft team often does. It scares the hell out of me because they did it against Chicago and they did it against Boston. They easily fall apart like soaking wet paper and, although he has definitely lost a few games on his own, they completely leave Luongo out to dry in the process.

Archived