The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dreamliner takes flight again - do you feel safe to be on a dreamliner?

HTania

A Boeing 787 Dreamliner took off Sunday from a Tokyo airport, the first such flight in Japan since safety issues grounded the Dreamliner fleet. Japan had authorized passenger airlines to resume flying the embattled aircraft in the country starting Friday, authorities said.

It left Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Sunday morning with a team of All Nippon engineers, that airline's chairman, Shinichiro Ito, and Boeing Commercial Airplanes CEO Ray Conner. The plane landed about two hours later without incident, Boeing said.

"With the successful completion of today's flight, Boeing will continue to work closely with airline customers in Japan and other countries on ... modification work to safely return additional 787s to flight in the coming weeks," Boeing said in a statement.

The flight marked a milestone in Japan, but the plane wasn't the first Dreamliner to take flight since the problems first surfaced. Ethiopian Airlines flew passengers from Addis Ababa to Nairobi, Kenya, on Saturday.

I want to be on a dreamliner for my next trip if I can.

A Boeing 787 Dreamliner took off Sunday from a Tokyo airport, the first such flight in Japan since safety issues grounded the Dreamliner fleet. Japan had authorized passenger airlines to resume flying the embattled aircraft in the country starting Friday, authorities said.

It left Tokyo's Haneda Airport on Sunday morning with a team of All Nippon engineers, that airline's chairman, Shinichiro Ito, and Boeing Commercial Airplanes CEO Ray Conner. The plane landed about two hours later without incident, Boeing said.

"With the successful completion of today's flight, Boeing will continue to work closely with airline customers in Japan and other countries on ... modification work to safely return additional 787s to flight in the coming weeks," Boeing said in a statement.

The flight marked a milestone in Japan, but the plane wasn't the first Dreamliner to take flight since the problems first surfaced. Ethiopian Airlines flew passengers from Addis Ababa to Nairobi, Kenya, on Saturday.

I want to be on a dreamliner for my next trip if I can.

bah!

I am bush Pilot in Brazil for more than 5 years. if I can fly that junkplanes and still manage to be safe on it in the middle of nowhere I´m pretty sure it will be safe fly a machine with 2 turbofans and zillions of computers...

people complain about the 787 battery. try fly a Cessna 310Q in the middle of the jungle between Belém and Manaus, you will see the hell on earth...

bah!

I am bush Pilot in Brazil for more than 5 years. if I can fly that junkplanes and still manage to be safe on it in the middle of nowhere I´m pretty sure it will be safe fly a machine with 2 turbofans and zillions of computers...

people complain about the 787 battery. try fly a Cessna 310Q in the middle of the jungle between Belém and Manaus, you will see the hell on earth...

Archived