The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Cherry ‘I don’t believe women should be in the male dressing room’ - Keith Incident

The Magician

Cherry's a tool. You have to give him props for saying what he thinks but what he thinks is so far off base 95% of the time. He wants us to start Lou... LOL.

I played a summer pick up beer league with all skill levels a few years ago and there was a girl on our team who changed in our room. Nobody had a problem with it she didn't go past her underwear and didn't have a problem with others stripping down and jumping in the showers. I think it's up to the girl as guys we don't care and I don't think 90 year old geriatric should care.

If it's a problem they can just make them stay out until all the guys are done showering and changing, or just do the interviews outside in the hall. Or as Ron says they should at least make it equal. Personally though if I were an NHL player I wouldn't mind a hot female reporter checkin' me out nomsayin.

Don Cherry is right. He brought up a good argument. Men don't go into women's dressing room's. So why should women be allowed to go into mens? There is a certain boundary that both genders need to follow. It isn't exactly fair/equal if one gender can do it, and the other gender cannot.

Don Cherry is right. He brought up a good argument. Men don't go into women's dressing room's. So why should women be allowed to go into mens? There is a certain boundary that both genders need to follow. It isn't exactly fair/equal if one gender can do it, and the other gender cannot.

I definitely do not always agree with Don Cherry. I don't know how anyone could. But he is on to something here in my opinion. It is not right for them to be around a dressing room full of men undressing... If a guy would do this in a women's dressing room he would be ridiculed to high heaven for being there. This is a violation of privacy. I am all for equal rights in the workplace but there has to be limits. The same way there is legal limits on other jobs for reasons other than gender (BFOR's).

Maybe reporters shouldnt be allowed in the room period.Maybe there should be a press room for the players after the game..We do live in age of same sex relationships. We have accepted that as a society so its only fair that it should be across the board.Equal rights.Isnt that what people complain about. So sick of people wanting their cake and eating it too.Its as bad as the trough bathrooms hanging your junk for a free peep show. Its all allowed or nothing.This is what our politically correct world demands isnt it?

Blah blah how bout dat dougie gilmour blah blah leafs blah blah visors blah blah dougie blah blah bieska blah blah dougie dougie blah blah when I coached da booins blah blah kids be like dougie blah blah dirty euros blah blah marry me dougie

pretty much every coaches corner in history.

Cherry's a tool. You have to give him props for saying what he thinks but what he thinks is so far off base 95% of the time. He wants us to start Lou... LOL.

I played a summer pick up beer league with all skill levels a few years ago and there was a girl on our team who changed in our room. Nobody had a problem with it she didn't go past her underwear and didn't have a problem with others stripping down and jumping in the showers. I think it's up to the girl as guys we don't care and I don't think 90 year old geriatric should care.

Archived