The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. Premier Christy Clark slammed for running a red light

J529

It's never clear what you mean. All I see is rhetoric.

I think I know what I am talking about when it comes to traffic safety and intersection design thank you very much.

I state safety principals. You respond with rhetoric.

You get faced by facts and then you say things like this.

Like, what do you expect?

I'm quite sure you don't care to know what I actually meant, you'd just rather remain ignorant so you can fit me in your preconceived little box.

And as usual you ignore the point to take cheap shots. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

No surprise here to anyone who listened to Clark when she had her talk radio show on CKNW.

She didn't agree with the cell phone law. She thinks people should be allowed to talk on their phones while driving even though law enforcement says its a bad idea. She is the epitome of do as I say, not as I do.

:lol:

What's the difference between talking on the phone, talking on a hands free device and talking to your passenger.

NOTHING, they're all distracting except with one you have only one hand on the wheel.

YET, at the same time I can talk to my passenger while smoking, having had my arm amputated, eating, changing the radio and so on. Which are all legal.

This is by far the most dumbest and inconsistent law I have ever heard of. Only oafs support it.

It seems that you seldom know what you actually mean yourself. This has been observed by others as well:

/topic/343918-bc-premier-christy-clark-slammed-for-running-a-red-light/page__st__60#entry11351277">http://forum.canucks...0#entry11351277

What you posted here as to traffic fatalities seems quite obvious as to your meaning... and it was obviously quite wrong.

It is not a cheap shot to destroy a poorly reasoned, unsupported and badly constructed argument - the sort that you post with regularity.

Make better arguments and this might happen less frequently.

The best way to change a law is for everyone to break it. Why do you suppose they all show up at the art gallery to smoke up in mass?

Should we be sending the cops in to crack down on that too?

People smoking pot don't pose the safety risk that motorists do. Not condoning it, but putting things into perspective here.

It seems that you seldom know what you actually mean yourself. This has been observed by others as well:

/topic/343918-bc-premier-christy-clark-slammed-for-running-a-red-light/page__st__60#entry11351277">http://forum.canucks...0#entry11351277

What you posted here as to traffic fatalities seems quite obvious as to your meaning... and it was obviously quite wrong.

It is not a cheap shot to destroy a poorly reasoned, unsupported and badly constructed argument - the sort that you post with regularity.

Make better arguments and this might happen less frequently.

Your meaning was clear - you got caught out and now you are twisting and turning while trying to deflect from the baseless nature of your claim.

You posted:

No, people just
die by the thousands on
our streets

As I said:

Seems "our streets" was a defining term.

Did you mean "our streets" in New York, California, Arizona or perhaps England, Germany, France????
:lol:

I must have been the only one to read "Canadian" where it said "our". Or maybe it's because I'm not trying to reduce every post to an insult, no matter how strained it is. It's a cheap shot to "destroy" a poorly reasoned, unsupported and badly constructed argument when you misrepresent it to do so. Which you do with more regularity than Clark runs red lights.

Caught? You don't know where I was talking about or what timeframe I was talking about. You didn't ask for clarification, you must mock and insult. You don't want to actually discuss the issue, you're just trolling me. It's pathetic.

Since different provinces have different laws as to cell phone use and distracted driving, employing the term "our streets" is irrelevant to this discussion.

And no it is not "a cheap shot to "destroy" a poorly reasoned, unsupported and badly constructed argument" - in fact it is precisely what is permitted.

Archived