The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. Premier Christy Clark slammed for running a red light

J529

If Christy was really taking a safety risk odds are the reporter in the car would have made a bigger deal of it rather than make it a footnote.

As noted in many of these areas where volumes are low it would be better to change the signal timing to four way stop or yield control depending on the volumes.

She was just acting as though someone already did. She did come to a complete stop and proceeded when it was safe, although technically illegal.

I have and in depth with information to back up my positions.

As directed by the Board Rules I attack arguments, ideas and opinions ("Attacking an idea is acceptable") showing them to be poorly reasoned, unsupported and badly constructed. It seems I am much more effective at attacking an idea.

And if in passing it demonstrates that the poster has used flawed logic and unsubstantiated hyperbole, such is life.

BTW if you wish I can keep this debate up indefinitely.

I'll take that as a no. If you would like to discuss the issues, please feel free to start a conversation about this issue. If you can't do that without belittling, mocking or otherwise insulting the poster, don't bother.

You take it wrong.

If you believe I am guilty of breaching the Board Rules then do what said Rules direct and report me for "belittling, mocking or otherwise insulting the poster".

How has that worked for you in the past BTW?

If Christy was really taking a safety risk odds are the reporter in the car would have made a bigger deal of it rather than make it a footnote.

As noted in many of these areas where volumes are low it would be better to change the signal timing to four way stop or yield control depending on the volumes.

She was just acting as though someone already did. She did come to a complete stop and proceeded when it was safe, although technically illegal.

:lol:

What's the difference between talking on the phone, talking on a hands free device and talking to your passenger.

NOTHING, they're all distracting except with one you have only one hand on the wheel.

YET, at the same time I can talk to my passenger while smoking, having had my arm amputated, eating, changing the radio and so on. Which are all legal.

This is by far the most dumbest and inconsistent law I have ever heard of. Only oafs support it.

The studies say that using a handheld cell phone is not different than using a hands-free solution in terms of distraction. Unless drivers have three arms, that seems a reasonable inference that it makes no difference which was the point that Christy Clark was making that was the starting point for this debate.

So you have no studies showing driving with one hand is safer than driving with two?

I stated that the idea behind the law is to keep people driving with two hands on the wheel.

Archived