Top 6 not good enough either !!!

#1442 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,756 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

I wouldn't say we were horrible. Just sloppy a few times and they buried 'em. Lu was good. Not amazing but good. That should be enough to win most nights with our line up. But we are in tough here with this Sharks team. Once again the softness of our division has made us look better then we really are. SJ has dealt with Anaheim, and LA in their Div. They are more "battle ready." Similar to last years first round against the Kings.
The series will go 6 or 7 and I still think the Nucks are going to pull it off. We will need some lights out goaltending.
The question I have is, who is going to score goals for us?

After the Chicago game i was confident that if we played like that, we can win games easily. I'm somewhat shocked that they withdrew into that timid hockey. It look like they are scared to go for it and they're playing cautious hockey.

#1443 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

with this line up our goalies don't have to be amazing lights out....were not the leafs.So i dont agree with comments about LU wasn't amazing he doesn't have to be if his good our players have to stand up and be accounted for..am getting sick and tired of FANS always calling LU or Cory out....its time to call out the sedins,burrows,Kelser,Raymond and every other F7&*ING forward....THIS TEAM CAN'T SCORE GOALSSSSSS that our issue period.IF THEY DONT WANNA PLAY, I'll F7**ing drive them to the airport.....lol

Edited by Mclean1, 01 May 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#1444 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Ebbet>>>>>>>>Torres

Said Mike Gillis

Said AV. His the one who chose to put him in the lineup

Posted Image

#1445 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

with this line up our goalies don't have to be amazing lights out....were not the leafs.So i dont agree with comments about LU wasn't amazing he doesn't have to be if his good our players have to stand up and be accounted for..am getting sick and tired of FANS always calling LU or Cory out....its time to call out the sedins,burrows,Kelser,Raymond and every other F7&*ING forward....THIS TEAM CAN'T SCORE GOALSSSSSS that our issue period.IF THEY DONT WANNA PLAY, I'll F7**ing drive them to the airport.....lol

QFT

We just need to play less of this timid hockey and with more confidence.. If they do that, they will score, and we will win.. Maybe they were worried about hanging Lu out to dry too much and over thinking plays because of it... Of course, pure speculation, but some players did seem to be over thinking their plays..

#1446 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

I just had a question on the third goal by the sharks, did luongo play the puck on the board when he clearly had hamhuis right beside him ? Or am I thinking of another play.

#1447 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Our only goal tonight was scored by a Shark, that's what worries me after tonight's game. Our skaters haven't been able to produce as effectively and consistently for a while.

#1448 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

No chance at all in a one goal game...why are you even here if you believe that?

Well? Did they score?

Some games you can just tell.. the only goal they scored tonight was on account of raffi torres own-goaling it.

Another game os a different story.. this game it was obvious they were not threatening offensively and that exactly what I meant.

Reality is a beotch.

#1449 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

reminds me of game 1 back in 2003 against St.Louis.

I expect the boys to bounce back. THey played real well tonight, and I think we deserved beter then this. LUongo played well for us tonight too. We cannot fall 2 games to 0. We should win game 2.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#1450 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Our only goal tonight was scored by a Shark, that's what worries me after tonight's game. Our skaters haven't been able to produce as effectively and consistently for a while.

Sedins really need to step up. We need them to produce if we have any chance of winning

Posted Image

#1451 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Delete*

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 02 May 2013 - 07:46 AM.

Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1452 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

No one really knows 100% if there is trickery going on or not.

I've watched the Chi game twice. There was no indication whatsoever that Schneider got injured that game.

Lu and the bottom six were the only ones playing with swag tonight. Love the hits. The lack of scoring from our top guys, not so much.

I know this sounds incredibly crazy but I have a feeling that managnent wanted to see Lu get one more crack at the Playoffs.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.