The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Black aces ...

I am sure an announcement will be made tomorrow morning.

Posts have shown that Schroeder, Jensen, Lack, Archibald, Lain, Vandermeer are on their way up, I expect maybe 2-3 more players coming up, probably at least 1 more defense man. Maybe Gaunce, just to train.

Thanks

I got drunk with some scouts a while back and they all really liked Lain and really really really liked Gaunce.

We are hurting for a 3rd line center now but help is on the way.

I really think if Lain is that responsible and good at faceoffs and skating why not swap him with Ebbitt.

Surely that big bugger can shut some big guns down and kill the odd penalty?

Eh?

Or what?

Um, no.

In the Old West, Wild Bill Hickok was shot while playing poker. He was holding what became known as the "Dead Man's Hand" - two eights, the jack of diamonds, and the BLACK ACES! If you're holding this hand, you've run out of luck.

Thanks

I got drunk with some scouts a while back and they all really liked Lain and really really really liked Gaunce.

We are hurting for a 3rd line center now but help is on the way.

I really think if Lain is that responsible and good at faceoffs and skating why not swap him with Ebbitt.

Surely that big bugger can shut some big guns down and kill the odd penalty?

Eh?

Or what?

I know Gillis is really high on him. I think he sees him as someone who can slot in right away. He is 23 after all.

It's up to AV though. If he thinks Ebbett can really provide more than Lain, then he won't get a shot.

AV does seem to go with the guys he's had all year. I don't know if he'll slot many new guys in now.

Archived