The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player would you say is under the most pressure to perform?

Canuckler87

Obviously in the playoffs everybody has to show up in order for a team to have success. However, there are individuals on every team that tend to disappear or play on a lower level during the playoffs than what they have played at in the season. We keep hearing in the media that it's AV's last chance & if we fail in the first round then he loses his job. That's fair but a coach can only do so much - it's the players that have to play.

Which player will you be looking on to perform impressively this playoff? One that hasn't done so in the past but must this spring on order for you to even consider having him next season. For me it would be Raymond. We need his secondary scoring in the playoffs and I remember a stretch during the season where he was absolutely on fire. However, lately he has been doing his usual late season disappearing act. As a free agent, for me if he doesn't perform this spring then I think it should be time to move on. I think in all his playoff games in vancouver he has 7 goals. If he gets 0-2 this spring.. then it's time to look at other options

I think Kassian will be under a lot of pressure from the fans. There's no chance that he gets moved if he doesn't perform like was being asked. But I get the feeling that a larger number of this fan base is just itching to turn on him. Hopefully not, considering his age. He's a lot younger than some people seem to realize when they criticize the guy.

I agree with Schneider second sedins

However for all team in the playoffs it has to be Ovechkin.

He lead his team to the playoffs and over the past few years he never really had great playoff success except for 2008-09.

oops this is under canucks talk dont want to side track people

Archived