The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV: "We're going to go out there and kick some butt"

“I don’t go into the playoffs worrying about (getting fired). I go into it like it’s another great opportunity for this group. Our motivation is going to be so high. I get the disappointment or frustration from fans because we haven’t won the Cup. But since I’ve been here, we’ve had some great seasons and we’re doing our damn best to win that Cup. I hope our fans understand there’s not one player who won’t do everything they can to get this done. We’re going to go out there and kick some butt.”

The Canucks have been kicking butt pretty much since Vigneault arrived in Vancouver seven years ago. He has won six division titles and taken his teams past the first round of the Stanley Cup tournament four times. In the Canucks’ first 34 seasons, they made it as far as the second round only six times. But Vigneault’s failing is that he has travelled past the second round only once, eventually going 0-for-2 in games that would have won the Canucks their first Stanley Cup two years ago.

interesting he never said anything like this not once. He's either very confident or very insecure. Either way, he sounds pumped, wether you guys like him or not, he will be coaching us til the end of the playoffs. I think we can win this baby this year. Why do I think this? Because Last time I saw Schneider play in the playoffs he made me a believer. Thats it.

Archived