The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Antti Niemi thinks we were lucky 2 years ago...

Understand

I think we were lucky at times. Thought San Jose was the better team. Game 3 we won after delivering on those 2 5-3 goals. Game 5 we probably shoulda lost. Got outplayed but managed to tie it up late. I do recall a very contaversial non icing call that allowed us to do this.

It was pretty even but a few breaks and mental lapses from the sharks made it seem a lot less close an it was.

People talk about how San Jose is a favourable matchup but they played pretty well against us this year.

How does the saying go... You gotta be lucky to be good, but you gotta be good to be lucky? Yeah, the 2OT goal was stupidly lucky, but the Canucks outplayed the Sharks in a big way throughout most of the series.

Looking at the games again (and the playoffs as a whole) Lu stopped a lot of shots but he also screwed up pretty hard on a surprising number of goals. I think playoff-mode Cory could have other teams crapting themselves. Nothing against Lu but Cory is just that good.

Ok wayyyyyyyyyyy off topic here... but.. what would you do if you were MG in this years draft? we're @ 24th i think in the first round, from 23 on down there isn't much for centers except for small guys which we really don't need... the D-men on down are lefty's... then believe it or not at 43'rd position or something is Madison Bowey of the Kelowna Rockets. right side D-man at 6'1 200 lbs (yes thats probably exagerated a bit) He seems a bit more skilled to be as low as 43'rd but anyway have a look and see what you think of this kid, and would you drop down that far and give him a shot or would you just stick with your position and get what you can even though you may not need what's available (i.e. a left D or small center?)

Archived