The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recalled] Brendan Gaunce

Corrado is a year older with both AHL and NHL experience.

There are no right handed d men so Corrado ,now tested,will get a chance.

Gaunce has no pro experience and has not been in any way tested.

Why would the Canucks risk injuring him when there are veteran center options?

That could be a really fun line to watch, and entirely possible next year coming out of camp, but perhaps the playoffs isn't the time to put a player strugggling to be consistent with 2 guys who have 2 nhl games between them.

That being said, with some injuries, I'd probably rather this line then say a Sestito - Ebbett - Pinizotto.

I think he's just gonna watch. We're pretty deep on forwards, even with Booth out.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Pinizzotto - Lapierre - Weise

Having Gaunce on the 4th line (most likely on the wing) with zero NHL experience would limit that line to 5 minutes a game. With our depth we could conceivably roll all 4 lines -- especially when Booth comes back!

Doubt he'll play, but it's nice he's doing well this year. Seems like he has a great deal of potential, hopefully he develops well. I'm sure just being around at this time of the season is monumental experience.

Be surprised if he plays barring any injuries. About the only guy he's bumping as has been pointed out is Ebbett and even that's a long shot. The kid would have to dominate (at this level) and/or Ebbett poop the bed entirely for AV to put zero NHL experience in over Ebbett's experience and (albeit limited) skillset.

And a voice of reason. Thank you.

Any of these call ups are unlikely to see game time. Corrado was luck enough to find a spot due to injury, but we can't expect all these other players to just jump in and be successful (in their first NHL games for the most part) at the level of play in the playoffs.

All this has been mentioned though, in the /topic/343874-canucks-vs-sharks-rnd-1/">**Canucks vs Sharks Rnd 1** thread, the /topic/331566-brendan-gaunce-talk/">Brendan Gaunce Talk thread, and even the /topic/343995-black-aces/">Black aces ... thread. For instance, here's my post from the /topic/331566-brendan-gaunce-talk/">Brendan Gaunce Talk thread:

From what I know for sure, we've called up Jensen, Archibald, Lain, Lack and now Gaunce. I haven't specifically seen any confirmation of any other players.

This happens every year, both the call-ups and the threads.

Teams in the playoffs always call up a bunch of guys once their own playoffs are done. They act as an insurance policy against injuries.

Imagine if they didn't do this and you go deep into the playoffs. Maybe in the third round a couple of guys get injured. Would you rather have some guy that's been on vacation coming in to fill the spot or someone who has been skating and practicing the entire time?

It's nothing worth getting too excited about.

Archived