The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks make another early playoff exit, should there be a new Captain?

Hunter56

leadership is about way more than just the captain. the canucks need the supporting cast to step up. henrik is fine, he doesn't have to be great. what he needs is about 5-8 other people who lead either in the locker room or by example. not seeing that on a daily basis. sometimes i feel like there's a lot of passengers on this team

Changing the captaincy will not change anything. The C is mostly a ceremonial role...the leadership group of the team will stay the same. If we go out early this year, I would be open to finding a new coach. That will make more of a difference.

Honestly dude, not even sure how to respond... Your reasoning here is juvenile..like... He stole my juice box, oh no, well then he has to give you his juice box..... Hank has been nothing but a help and positive player for the benefit of this team, including carrying the team on his back on occasion... I love Lu, but Hank didn't fold in the playoffs or have choke games... There's a huge difference here, it's not just B&W like you are saying..

How did the OP forget how Henrik tried to carry his crippled team on his back...get smashed by Dustin Brown, then come back later to finish the game and series against LA????!!!!!!

That left such a lasting impression on me.

An excellent soldier and captain for the team. And really the captaincy has nothing to do with the team executing. Considering too that there is also a leadership group to compliment Hank.

simply if we out 1st or even 2nd, coach and GM should be done here. They both came to this team when they were on the rise and have been considered a top team for past 3 years and if nothing happens this year, I think that is enough time to make the moves they needed.

Ok OP, who should be Captain then? Kesler pouts too much when he doesn't get his way. We already had a Captain like that. So who's your pick. Why bring it up if you don't have a decent alternative to suggest.

Henrik all the way!!!!!!

The twins have to step up this year, in a big way. In stepping up i mean stick up for themselves and not take any crap! Oh and obviously score some goals too, because if they don't they'll never win the cup. I also believe A.V. will be gone if they fall in the first round.

The time will come to review the Canucks going forward and that time will be the day after they play their last game this season. I have lots of opinions about changes going forward but for the time being, this is the team we have and I will cheer them on in the playoffs til that final buzzer goes, whenever that may be.

Now with that being said. I don't think Henrik is the problem. He plays with class, is a great ambassador off the ice, and is our current ironman and I hope the guy who finally hoists that cup above his head this June!

Archived