The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks make another early playoff exit, should there be a new Captain?

Hunter56

We should look past the captain, coach, gm and owner and look for a new city.

Think about it:

• We have the worst travel schedule in the NHL.

• Our rabid fanbase puts players under constant scrutiny and undue pressure.

• Very difficult to absorb a losing season in order to obtain sweet sweet high draft picks and bonafide stars on ELC contracts.

• Recent history has shown it is very unlikely to win a Cup based out of Canada.

Vancouver is an amazing place with passionate fans: good enough to win a president's trophy or two, but let's face it.. this city doesn't have what it takes to win a cup. What we need is a re-location to an American city with a moderately interested fanbase. Maybe some place with an NFL or NBA franchise or two and preferably in the Eastern conference. This would help our top players maintain the anonymity to drink and party without consequence that star hockey players crave. No wonder our team is so uptight, can't even have a beer and a babe without being sent to the farm.

Proposal: Vancouver to... Cincinatti?

At least you put time and thought into your thread and you explained your thought process well. For that, I applaud you.

Still, I feel like Henrik is a good leader and will show it again this year in the playoffs. He amazed me with his determinate leadership last year versus the Kings despite a loss and I expect him to lead well again this year.

Thank you for making a respectable post and good answer!

I know it was going to be a rather controversial topic, but people are acting like I'm some troll who wants to spread negativity and provoke ire from fellow fans. Believe me that was not my intention.

I will admit that this topic was ill-timed, and I do apologize for that, but I couldn't help but notice whenever the team played with no heart or passion. It is the captain's responsibility to lift the team's morale and a lot of the times there is still no drive. It probably isn't Henrik's fault that they don't play with urgency at pivotal times but wearing the C means you're more accountable than others.

Also, there is a very, very, very low chance that there will be a new captain. They would have to do pretty awful this post-season for that to happen, all I asked was should there be a new captain.

Once again, this is all with the utmost respect to Henrik.

For what it's worth, the responses probably have more to do with the something you may not be aware of, as opposed to or moreso than the sense that you are 'trolling' or negative - the number of threads that have been posted on CDC questioning Henrik's captaincy.

There have been more than a few - in that case, people's responses tend to be a bit 'shorter'.

This is the best Canucks team, The winningest coach and the Best GM we ve ever had in Canucks history. If you knew half the pain from the past you'd be greatful for what we have in this team now. What, you expect us to win 24 cups in the next three years or something? Post expansion, it's very difficult to even get to the show, and I'd even look at the Boston win over us with a huge effin * !

Anyway, I'm calling your perspective and your judgement into question, ie: Troll/Stupid

Archived