The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IIHF - Ice Hockey World Championship 2013 Finland/Sweden

So happy for Sweden. They deserved the win. So nice to see the Sedins get to play their game without being constantly interfered with, boarded or cross checked without a call. Just goes to show that their talent level hasn't decreased, just the degree to which the refs think the rules apply to those defending against them has.

Congratulations, Sweden!

So happy for Sweden. They deserved the win. So nice to see the Sedins get to play their game without being constantly interfered with, boarded or cross checked without a call. Just goes to show that their talent level hasn't decreased, just the degree to which the refs think the rules apply to those defending against them has.

Congratulations, Sweden!

You're right, WeatherWise, all of that is true. But I still believe that the biggest difference as far as the Sedins are concerned was simply that it's not open season on Sedins in International Hockey.

When was the last time you saw them in an NHL game where at least one of them didn't get held, cross checked, punched in the head, interfered with, and/or boarded right in front of a ref who somehow didn't "see" a thing?

Bad reffing is ruining the NHL. I'm glad to see proof that they're not ruining the game of hockey.

You're right, WeatherWise, all of that is true. But I still believe that the biggest difference as far as the Sedins are concerned was simply that it's not open season on Sedins in International Hockey.

When was the last time you saw them in an NHL game where at least one of them didn't get held, cross checked, punched in the head, interfered with, and/or boarded right in front of a ref who somehow didn't "see" a thing?

Bad reffing is ruining the NHL. I'm glad to see proof that they're not ruining the game of hockey.

Archived