The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moronic Oilers columnist wishes a 4 game sweep for Canucks

I replied:

Would you have rather the Canucks come into your building and lay a whooping on you? Seriously - it was a meaningless game for both teams. Other teams rested players as well. Sounds more like a bitter Oilers fan whose team has failed to make the playoffs once again - talk about unsportsmanlike and a poor loser. Instead of being a hater - you should cheer on one of the remaining Canadian teams instead of bashing them.

What an absolute idiot.

"The Oilers, having secured a playoff berth after Thursday's 2-1 win over Anaheim, sat seven regulars - including center Shawn Horcoff, defenseman Chris Pronger, goals leader Ryan Smyth, Ethan Moreau and goalie Dwayne Roloson, who had started 19 straight games.

"I was concerned with the injury factor," Oilers coach Craig MacTavish said. "It wasn't worthwhile at the end of the day taking the chance."

Ty Conklin made 15 saves for Edmonton in his first action since March 7."

http://oilers.nhl.co...m?id=2005021218

Thanks for coming out, noob.

What a bunch of idiocy. The CDC thread about Grapes comments had way more thought put into it.

That bodes well for anyone out there who feels he or she is stupid or an idiot. Trust me, in this world it doesn't matter. This guy probably make close to six figures for this garbage where he can barely put two thoughts together.

Yeah, doesn't seem to realize that the NHL could not care less about fans anyway, and that perhaps the Oilers themselves are the worst at this.

YOU FINISHED DEAD LAST 3 YEARS IN A ROW YOU IGNORAMOUS. (well close anyway)

Im pretty sure the Oiler fans enjoyed that game, the owners probably did too because it leaves a nice taste in the fan's mouth - offensive explosion, young team, come back for more next year...

The guy is pretty stupid - not only his comments/article but also the ignoring the fact that the nucks actually gave the oil a great marketing oppty that they took advantage of.

Considering it came from Oil country i'm not overly surprised. However I would have liked for him to mention the crazy amount of hacks and wacks that Edmonton took at Vancouver's players after the whistle that game. Seems to me like they were playing for something and that something was to try to injure a Canuck or two before the post-season began.

Should be more worried about his teams' ability to attract/keep vet players of any worth without substantially overpaying them.

Whitney's parting comments indicate this problem is not being solved anytime soon.

What were his thought towards anahiem? did he mention them?

Because Anahiem did the exact same thing just 2 nights prior to us in Edmonton. Or is he just too busy crying?

frack the Oilers. I hate them so much I don't even care if they relocate. Down right one of the worst fan bases In Canada.

Archived