The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Moronic Oilers columnist wishes a 4 game sweep for Canucks

Never thought I'd find a sports journalist more annoying than Jack Edwards (and the L.A. Kings Twitter guy). Guess I was wrong.

Who does this troll think he is? Sure, his non-playoff team beat us 7-2 in a garbage game, in which many of our regulars were scratched. Pfft. But LOL at his utter boldness to think he can trash this team when his team is still living for "potential".

But who are we to judge? He's probably got nothing better to report on with his team out on the links... again.

Nothing to see here folks.

Never thought I'd find a sports journalist more annoying than Jack Edwards (and the L.A. Kings Twitter guy). Guess I was wrong.

Who does this troll think he is? Sure, his non-playoff team beat us 7-2 in a garbage game, in which many of our regulars were scratched. Pfft. But LOL at his utter boldness to think he can trash this team when his team is still living for "potential".

But who are we to judge? He's probably got nothing better to report on with his team out on the links... again.

Nothing to see here folks.

Just shared this article with my boss(he's a die hard Edmonton Oilers fan and wears his Oilers jacket to work everyday) and he couldn't help but laugh. The journalist is obviously just an angry old man who can't stand that the glory days of the Oilers are in the past. Every team, yes this includes the Oilers, would sit their star players if they had already guaranteed a playoff spot.

I am sure some of you at CDC will find the following comical. The reason I found this article was because the sports editor at the Sun (Scott Brown) tweeteed about the article which was originally tweeted by david staples of the edmonton journal.

Scott Brown@BrownieScott50m

oh boy RT @dstaples Here's hoping the unprofessional Vancouver #Canucks crash out of the playoffs, Peter Adler says. http://bit.ly/12hxS9F

Guest Gumballthechewy

THIS

Montreal is a bit of a maybe for me though. I hate the "We are French so we deserve favoritism" BS. Plus them trying to use the legal system every time something doesn't go their way. Kind of clownish behavior there.

I think he included the playoff games that Henrik has played for the past few seasons..

lol at this moron though. He's bitter that the Oilers didn't make the playoffs. If anything, lots of teams in every sport rests their key players so that they don't get injured before the playoffs. Remember when the Colts were 15-1 and they rested Peyton a game before the playoffs? Every team does it so his argument is very invalid.

And then he mentions the riots. Seriously, that's a thing of the past and is irrelevant to what he's even writing about. I wouldn't give this guy any consideration of any opinion in hockey at all.

Wow. Those grapes must be awfully sour...

Not to disrespect the "paying" fans in Edmonton, but an illiterate should have been able to figure out that the Canucks would be resting the A-Team for that game. And why Complain? It gave the Oilers and their fans the opportunity to celebrate a meanless win like it was game seven of the Cup Finals.

Sorry. I can't work up any sympathy for the fans at Rexall. Especially after they cheered kesler taking a puck to the face and then did so again, when Bieksa took a high shot.

Hey Oiler fans: At least you can look forward to yet another high draft pick.

I don't disagree with the resting of players but is anyone else a little uneasy about the way the Canucks coaching staff and management have been handling themselves for the past couple of seasons? AV seems to have handled the Henrik situation and Luongo poorly among other things. Gillis is throwing leaving players (Hodgson) under the bus etc. They get injury information wrong often and Gillis seems to give out misinformation from time to time.

I get that many here are blind fans but I can't say I love the way this version of the Canucks has been operating.

I don't disagree with the resting of players but is anyone else a little uneasy about the way the Canucks coaching staff and management have been handling themselves for the past couple of seasons? AV seems to have handled the Henrik situation and Luongo poorly among other things. Gillis is throwing leaving players (Hodgson) under the bus etc. They get injury information wrong often and Gillis seems to give out misinformation from time to time.

I get that many here are blind fans but I can't say I love the way this version of the Canucks has been operating.

Archived