The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Habs prospect and his father charged with assault

Beaulieu and his father, Ontario Hockey League coach Jacques Beaulieu, are facing assault charges:

LONDON, Ont. — Montreal Canadiens prospect Nathan Beaulieu and his father, Ontario Hockey League coach Jacques Beaulieu, are facing assault charges.

Strathroy-Caradoc police say the father and son have each been charged with two counts of assault.

Police say the charges stem from an altercation Saturday at a house party that followed a charity golf tournament.

Two people suffered minor injuries, police say.

A June 11 court date has been set.

Nathan Beaulieu was selected 17th overall by the Canadiens in the 2011 NHL draft.

The 20-year-old defenceman had seven goals and 24 assists with the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs this season. He also appeared in six games with the Canadiens, registering two assists.

The Canadiens had recently called up Beaulieu for their playoff run, which starts at home against Ottawa on Thursday

Jacques Beaulieu, 45, was nominated for OHL coach of the year this season after leading the Sarnia Sting to a 35-28-5 record.

He previously served as a head coach with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League’s Saint John Sea Dogs, where he coached Nathan for one season, and as an assistant with the OHL’s London Knights.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Montreal+Canadiens+prospect+Nathan+Beaulieu/8317286/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

First the Devils prospect (Stephan Matteau? I forget his name) and now Nathan Beaulieu? Is anyone else glad that Gillis chooses prospects who have character? I know that this doesn't happen a lot, but I'm happy that our GM chooses his prospects carefully...(even though not all of them have panned out yet)

So it was a fight at a house party........ big deal. I can't believe you guys are saying you "lost respect" and are glad he isn't our prospect. If him and his dad weren't well known there wouldn't even be charges laid I bet.

So he got a little too rowdy at a house party, big deal this happens every weekend. In fact these guys are already doing the exact same thing (fighting) on the ice, only difference is they're on skates and thousands cheer them on and nobody gets arrested. Kassian was charged with assault for a bar fight, you don't hear many people complaining about that.

First the Devils prospect (Stephan Matteau? I forget his name) and now Nathan Beaulieu? Is anyone else glad that Gillis chooses prospects who have character? I know that this doesn't happen a lot, but I'm happy that our GM chooses his prospects carefully...(even though not all of them have panned out yet)

Archived