The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else play Simpsons Tapped Out on the ipad?

:D

The pricing for premium items and donuts is so ridiculous. No idea why anyone would spend that much for such meaningless stuff.

I've got 20 donuts, not enough for any of the buildings I want.

And when I run the numbers, it would be super expensive to start buying up donuts. They almost cost as much as real donuts. :(

Try the Homer Buddha glitch? I'm not even sure if it works anymore but you can look it up on youtube.

Yeah, bought a Homer Buddha once only to get a dumpster, woo. Not buying one of those again.

My sister gave me $20 to put into donuts as part of my birthday present so I bought Otto and Duffman. Every now and then I'll buy a golden scratch ticket. Probably bought around 7 and actually got the 100 donut jackpot once. But yeah, at this point, I'm more into saving up for buildings w/ people or just people even if it takes a lot of donuts. One exception was that I wanted some the of TV Station items so I could better utilize it.

I know you get more donuts for your money the more you spend, but I would have a hard time putting more than $20 down. 300 donuts is a pretty good number to play with (and Duffman's 1 hr task is hilarious).

At least give us a way to accumulate donuts in game. I play twice a day, every day and the only place I seem to get them is 1-2 when I level up.

C'MON.

Bought some land last night and got 3 donuts while cleaning up the debris. Always a nice little bonus. Once you get to the max level, it is a little quicker getting donuts. Especially if you don't mind spending 50K for an extra chance at 3. I've gotten to the point now where making back that 50K doesn't take that long, so it's worth it.

Looking forward to the Squidport update!

So I just started off playing this game last night. Enjoying it too much.

I have a question, how do you get donuts without paying IRL for them?

You have something like a 2% chance of getting a donut by cleaning up debris. You also get 1 or 2 when you level up (except the really low levels). If you log on at least once a day you'll get a mystery box every 5 days and that gives you another slim chance to win donuts (or a few of the premium items). EA will also give away donuts every so often. Usually around larger events.

It does take a long time to accumulate enough donuts to get a larger premium item so I'd recommend not using them to speed up tasks and make sure the "confirm spend" is on so you don't spend them accidentally (ugh, before that invention I spent so many accidentally).

But yeah, to get a decent number you would need to purchase some. After playing for 2.5 months I purchased 300 for $20 which was a good amount for me.

Also, feel free to add me: rjmacvic

Do you ever see people just walking around in your friends' towns and think, "well, they're not being very efficient"?

Heh, yep. That's why sometimes I wish there were 10 hr tasks. I keep the tablet downstairs so it's not the last thing I see before going to bed so 8 hr tasks will be done too early while 12 tasks will be done too late in the morning.

Archived