The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting

Beluga Whale

This is déjà vu all over again. Vancouver will be down by at least 2 games before we see Schneider in goal and eventually losing the series, just like the one against LA.

AV is an absolute idiot. As AV had already known that Schneider might not be ready for game one, he should have put Cannata in goal at some point in the Oilers game. Luongo's in goal is bad, Cannata with zero NHL experience will be disaster just in case he is needed.

The way Luongo has been playing, it doesn't look good. Watch him early on. You can tell when he lets in the first goal he should be able to stop. Now there are those suggesting Schneider has anxiety problems. Its kind of what they do to goalies in Vancouver, but there have been so many questionable moves made by the smirking AV. I do not expect this team to go far in the playoffs this year. The team has no faith in the coaches. They do not like the moves AV makes and how he favors some players. The D has been mixed up and used to rely on expert goal tending. They stand around a lot expecting their goalies to stop everything. Edler is the worst yet AV loves him. If Luongo lets in one he should stop watch the team sag. They will get pounded by Raffi and out in 7.

I'm curious as to why Luongo gets roasted in this town by the "FANS" for losing game 7 of the SC finals yet Kirk McLean gets praised as some out of this world goalie god in this so called "HOCKEY TOWN"... Don't even say for one second that I have an issue with Capt. Kirk bec I don't... Three quarters of the posters on this site weren't even born in '94... I worked a double shift the day before so I could be home in '94 to watch my beloved Canucks lose game seven!!! It still burns my arse too!!!! :mad:

I'm happy. Luo should be starting I believe. I honestly believe he's taken the criticism from the fans that are used to hating goalies, but this time this isn't butterfly too early Potvin, or a once Stellar to less than stellar Corey Hirsch, this is a great goalie that had 47 wins in a season was it not? Or something like that I have a feeling I might be off a bit. But I mean come on this guys incredible, if anything has gone wrong all these years its defensive breakdowns by the offense or straight up no show games by the entire team. Did everyone expect Luo to score the goals for us too in Game 7? I just have never agreed, people that have been around remember me from way back and I stand by my beliefs that Luongo is a great goaltender and I think he's gonna show it again here tonight. Luoooooooooooo! Go Canucks Go! Next time Luongo gets a GA, ask yourself, was it a 2 on 1? Was there d present? Was this play a bad turnover in our zone? A bad pass in the neutral zone for a momentum like play the other way? There's certain things our D needs to minimize and I feel they have figured it out, and the D will do this this playoff, and with that combination the good D can setup...the offense that's right everybody. If a team has bad D and a lot of offensive players you'll find these teams gravitate towards offensive defensemen. On another note I notice my yahoo fantasy pool picture is in here lol, I had Phil Kessel and he somehow did the Fly type thing with Donahue so my team was called Phil Kesselhue. I finished 4th out of 12. Lost in a tie in the semifinals arrrggg.

how many times in 94 did kirk meltdown beyond embarassment ? how many cry baby quotes did he give the media after his losses? Mclean 94 save% .928 GAA 2.28 Luongo 11 save% .914 GAA 2.56 Mclean had better numbers in a era where he wore 1/3rd the pads luongo wears and there was way more goal scoring back then. 94 was a team of hard workers, roster top to bottom who never gave up on anyshift and played at the higest level of hockey any of them have ever played Mclean never came to the canucks as a saviour and the missing peice and prasied as the best goalie in the world he just came and went to work .....2011 team best team in the league wich was 1 goal away from the worst embarrassment in NHL history in the first round mutiple meltdowns by luongo and the team and the team from top to bottom in the finals blew it .. thats why the 94 run will always be better only kids that are 10 years old now will look back on the 2011 run.

Id much rather see this team succeed with Luo than Corey. Corey has done nothing in the post season and Luo has more experience. This is Lou's last chance to shine. Once he wins tonight, there is no way AV will take him out if Luo goes on a streak.

Go nucks go

Archived