The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting

Beluga Whale

There, all fixed up.... the sentences with a strike through have nothing to do with Luongo vs McLean... And the bolded sentence is ludicris to say the least... Did Luongo come here and say he was the savior?? NO, THE MEDIA SAID THAT...

Bottom line is they should have won game seven, but they didn't... My point was that both goalies got us to a game seven in the SCF and yet it's only Luongo's fault that we didn't win... Mclean is revered whist Luongo is vilified!!!

Good bloody question. Lu was getting shelled with scoring chances you don't see in an 8 rinks scrimmage and he's hung out to dry by the coach. I don't get that at all. If Lu was possible to start, he needed to be protected.

1994 was the best hockey I have ever seen. As someone posted on here a few months back poetically: "94 was magic, 2011 was tragic" was the best way I have heard it put.

edit: Ironically I think it was the poster that just posted above me that said it... source??

Statistically, this is a good thing -- right?

I thought I remember reading that Luongo has good 'bounce back' games (or maybe I'm making this up)

and I know he has solid numbers against SJ

so... ?

My only problem is how this will undoubtedly create another 'controversy' -- if Luongo plays well, and I hope he does for the team's sake -- who starts game 2, 3, 4, etc. if Schneider is healthy?

Media will run a marathon with this story

Seriously are we the only fans in the league that'll do anything and everything they can to bash their OWN TEAM's goalie even when it comes the playoff time when neither even played 1 playoff game yet this post season?? like seriously?? people are predicting and hoping for Luongo to get blown out.. or Schneider to fail in the playoff.. hate to say it.. but all of you looks like a bunch of idiot crybaby... what is wrong in supporting your team even though the player playing is not your favorite.. if they fail to perform in the past = they are destined to fail in the future?? then if that's the case.. we lose even with schneider in net.. Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Bieska blah blah blah all have failed or no show in the past.. so by majority of the people's standard.. they are destined to fail.. so why bother watching your team?

Obviously I hope the best for Lu, as I'm sure we all do, if we want to go further, even though I think Schneids is the better goalie as of now and am disappointed in this development.

Lu's only weakness is his brain. Especially after a bad goal. Its as if he has so much confidence in his ability (which can be a good thing) that when he has a brain fart, he is so astonished and angry with himself in his play that he mulls it over for a time after. He can't shake it. And so there's a danger period after where if the other team pounces they have the opportunity to pot 1...2....3 in fast succession.

So this is my suggestion to AV. ( I know he reads this board for advice):

If Lu lets in a stinker.......CALL A TIMEOUT IMMEDIATELY! Settle him down...and settle the team down again before going ahead.

Archived