The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting

Beluga Whale

I'm pretty surprised by this since Schneider said he was ready to go yesterday. I wish he would have been simply because this was his year to shine. Having said that, I'm excited for Luongo. After everything he has been through this season and how he handled it with class I'm just so pumped for him that he gets another playoff start at home.

This just seems fitting for how the season has gone haha.

All the Boston games no doubt he was crap and had to be better. But people forget in Game 7 it was only 1-0 going into the 2nd and 2-0 going into the 3rd for Boston....Where was the scoring? 2-0 going into the 3rd would barely even count as a good lead and NHL teams are capable to come back being down 2-0, and in the biggest game of the season.

There is no excuse for getting shut out in GAME 7 for the cup and they were still very much in the game.

I'm curious as to why Luongo gets roasted in this town by the "FANS" for losing game 7 of the SC finals yet Kirk McLean gets praised as some out of this world goalie god in this so called "HOCKEY TOWN"... Don't even say for one second that I have an issue with Capt. Kirk bec I don't... Three quarters of the posters on this site weren't even born in '94... I worked a double shift the day before so I could be home in '94 to watch my beloved Canucks lose game seven!!! It still burns my arse too!!!! :mad:

I'm curious as to why Luongo gets roasted in this town by the "FANS" for losing game 7 of the SC finals yet Kirk McLean gets praised as some out of this world goalie god in this so called "HOCKEY TOWN"... Don't even say for one second that I have an issue with Capt. Kirk bec I don't... Three quarters of the posters on this site weren't even born in '94... I worked a double shift the day before so I could be home in '94 to watch my beloved Canucks lose game seven!!! It still burns my arse too!!!! :mad:

I think its the amount of goals luongo has let in in certain games during the 2011 run. He lets in goals in bunches and to be fair, a good goalie, wouldn't allow that many goals in one game, even if they lose. Kirk Mclean gave us every chance to win. The thing leading up to the 2011 playoffs is that Luongo has a history of letting in tons of goals, one too many time, thats why some fans have lost confidence in him, while Mclean never really had the same issue were he will allow multiple goals in a short period of time during a game. Huge difference if you ask me.

Archived