Luongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

someone must have hacked Noheart's account

HA!

But we are Vancouver Canucks fans first and foremost. I, like others opine that Schneider is better than Luongo, but that doesn't mean that when Luongo is in net, I won't cheer for him to have success.

I think Luongo will play very well tonight...but that doesn't mean that we'll get the win. The team has to show up too, and I think they are ready. The PP needs to come alive against the Sharks. I think Niemi is a very good goaltender, but his season numbers have not had time to regress to his mean, which is the problem with the shortened season.

#212 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

hell yeah! Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

#213 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,513 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Make us proud Apollo, I mean Strombone1, I mean Luongo! :canucks:

Hahah hey man I swear I was gonna let it go... I had to talk about it though when I heard he starting.

I've also guaranteed iill shutup about it if lui plays bad.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#214 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

HA!

But we are Vancouver Canucks fans first and foremost. I, like others opine that Schneider is better than Luongo, but that doesn't mean that when Luongo is in net, I won't cheer for him to have success.

Well said.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#215 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,695 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's the first day or 2 of no booze

Kinda makes me unreasonable

I got your back fellow Canuck, I will drink double tonight.

Callkng it here first.

Game goes to double OT, Luongo has to take a leak, Cannata comes in and makes 35 saves for the win and goes on to capture the Conn Smythe trophy.

What an end to an incredible story.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#216 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,695 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hahah hey man I swear I was gonna let it go... I had to talk about it though when I heard he starting.

I've also guaranteed iill shutup about it if lui plays bad.

No I'm happy for ya bro.

Go Lou
Go Canucks
Go !!!!

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#217 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

This has all the makings of a great redemption story. Lets do this!
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#218 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

This is probably part of MG and AV's elaborate plan to fool all of us. Schneider gets injured, and Luongo comes to take over the starting role for a few games while Cannata backs him up. Schneider is better by Game 1, and everyone assumes he'll start, but instead, he backs up Luongo. Suddenly, Luongo gets a freakish toilet malfunction where the toilet is clogged up and the team bathroom overflows. Schneider steps in as the savior, and shuts out the Sharks for the rest of the period. During the intermission, he goes to use the washroom, but is hit by the sudden flow of water as he opens the door and is knocked unconsious. Cannata steps in wearing his equipment, but no one notices until they discover that he has a soul, and bras are thrown onto the ice until Cowan walks in through the back entrance and scores six goals in four games. Suddenly, he was the saviour, and and dons the pads to complete the cinderella run to the Stanley Cup.

Then they discover Lack run over by a zamboni. Schneider is still at large as the VPD continues to charge 2011 rioters two years after the incident.

That was a really mediocre attempt at being funny. Anyways, I have 110% faith in Luuu. I can't wait to watch game 1 tonight!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#219 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

how many times in 94 did kirk meltdown beyond embarassment ? how many cry baby quotes did he give the media after his losses? Mclean 94 save% .928 GAA 2.28 Luongo 11 save% .914 GAA 2.56 Mclean had better numbers in a era where he wore 1/3rd the pads luongo wears and there was way more goal scoring back then. 94 was a team of hard workers, roster top to bottom who never gave up on anyshift and played at the higest level of hockey any of them have ever played Mclean never came to the canucks as a saviour and the missing peice and prasied as the best goalie in the world he just came and went to work .....2011 team best team in the league wich was 1 goal away from the worst embarrassment in NHL history in the first round mutiple meltdowns by luongo and the team and the team from top to bottom in the finals blew it .. thats why the 94 run will always be better only kids that are 10 years old now will look back on the 2011 run.

There, all fixed up.... the sentences with a strike through have nothing to do with Luongo vs McLean... And the bolded sentence is ludicrous to say the least... Did Luongo come here and say he was the savior?? NO, THE MEDIA SAID THAT...

Bottom line is they should have won game seven, but they didn't... My point was that both goalies got us to a game seven in the SCF and yet it's only Luongo's fault that we didn't win... Mclean is revered whist Luongo is vilified!!!

Edited by Viking13, 01 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

#220 CaptainKool

CaptainKool

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Apprently, though there are some haters, but most of people in CDC are very happy to know that Luuuu gets the start.

Go Canucks Go :towel:

#221 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

G

#222 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,962 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

There, all fixed up.... the sentences with a strike through have nothing to do with Luongo vs McLean... And the bolded sentence is ludicris to say the least... Did Luongo come here and say he was the savior?? NO, THE MEDIA SAID THAT...

Bottom line is they should have won game seven, but they didn't... My point was that both goalies got us to a game seven in the SCF and yet it's only Luongo's fault that we didn't win... Mclean is revered whist Luongo is vilified!!!

No. Your spelling of ludicrous is ludicris.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#223 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Lu will be great tonight.

#224 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

frack

#225 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Good bloody question. Lu was getting shelled with scoring chances you don't see in an 8 rinks scrimmage and he's hung out to dry by the coach. I don't get that at all. If Lu was possible to start, he needed to be protected.

1994 was the best hockey I have ever seen. As someone posted on here a few months back poetically: "94 was magic, 2011 was tragic" was the best way I have heard it put.

edit: Ironically I think it was the poster that just posted above me that said it... source??

I believe I said that. ;)

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#226 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Statistically, this is a good thing -- right?

I thought I remember reading that Luongo has good 'bounce back' games (or maybe I'm making this up)

and I know he has solid numbers against SJ

so... ?

My only problem is how this will undoubtedly create another 'controversy' -- if Luongo plays well, and I hope he does for the team's sake -- who starts game 2, 3, 4, etc. if Schneider is healthy?

Media will run a marathon with this story

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#227 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

well plus 1 again, best summary to date.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#228 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,055 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Nope - it was Noheart

1994 was magic

2011 was tragic

I said:

What about those of us that have been through 3?

1982 was unbelievable - the Cinderella team - but being kicked 4-0 in the Final, though not a shock as "the Canucks weren't even supposed to get there" was still a bit of let down.

1994 was magic but also tragic - the let down was huge and the riot made it even worse.

2011 was a travesty. Anger every series at the mistakes we kept making - astonished that we won each of the first 3 series...then to go up 2-0 on the Bruins to only lose was the worst feeling ever.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#229 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Luongo is starting?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#230 Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

Apocalyptic ☠ Chaos

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

No matter who is in net, I'm behind them 100%

Simple as that.

Go Canucks! Lets win this thing!

#231 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

No. Your spelling of ludicrous is ludicris.

Yeah, everyone knows it's "Loudicris" :7

No but for real though, if Luongo turns into 7uongo tonight I think Apollo and I will be on suicide watch.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#232 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Seriously are we the only fans in the league that'll do anything and everything they can to bash their OWN TEAM's goalie even when it comes the playoff time when neither even played 1 playoff game yet this post season?? like seriously?? people are predicting and hoping for Luongo to get blown out.. or Schneider to fail in the playoff.. hate to say it.. but all of you looks like a bunch of idiot crybaby... what is wrong in supporting your team even though the player playing is not your favorite.. if they fail to perform in the past = they are destined to fail in the future?? then if that's the case.. we lose even with schneider in net.. Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Bieska blah blah blah all have failed or no show in the past.. so by majority of the people's standard.. they are destined to fail.. so why bother watching your team?

#233 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Wow all the Luu bashers r either saying first rd knock out or hiding in their hole, F sakes believe in your team!!!

#234 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Seriously are we the only fans in the league that'll do anything and everything they can to bash their OWN TEAM's goalie

no, we aren't.

#235 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

no, we aren't.

yes we are actually, I never hear any goalie on any other team get it as bad as the goalies in Vancouver do.

#236 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

yes we are actually, I never hear any goalie on any other team get it as bad as the goalies in Vancouver do.

then you don't pay attention to any other teams in the NHL

#237 ron240sx

ron240sx

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

http://www.teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/LuongoMay1am.mp3

7-1 Sharks

#238 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Obviously I hope the best for Lu, as I'm sure we all do, if we want to go further, even though I think Schneids is the better goalie as of now and am disappointed in this development.

Lu's only weakness is his brain. Especially after a bad goal. Its as if he has so much confidence in his ability (which can be a good thing) that when he has a brain fart, he is so astonished and angry with himself in his play that he mulls it over for a time after. He can't shake it. And so there's a danger period after where if the other team pounces they have the opportunity to pot 1...2....3 in fast succession.

So this is my suggestion to AV. ( I know he reads this board for advice):
If Lu lets in a stinker.......CALL A TIMEOUT IMMEDIATELY! Settle him down...and settle the team down again before going ahead.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#239 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

What a moronic comment. Are you even a fan? Everything you say is negative.Cheer for someone else. please?

i was answering a question why luongo gets hate going to game 7 of the scf and mclean is a hero for the same thing and everything i pointed out was true. and seems like everyone here besides you is agreeing with me.

#240 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

no, we aren't.

i'm sure other team bashes their own goalie yes. but not to the point that oh Luongo is starting the playoff.. he's going to get blown out 7-1 8-0 blah blah blah we gonna be swept in 4.. i'm sure even Philly fan supports their goalie until at least the playoff is over than they can start all the bashing they want again... but nope here we'll bash them regardless of if he plays or not well or bad it's bash first if he does well it's a fluke.. bash again.. keep bashing until their wish comes true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.