The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Canuck has the highest hockey IQ and the lowest?

Kosmo Kramer

Highest: Sedins. These guys thrive off their IQ. On pure skill alone I don't even know if these guys make the NHL nevermind each of them winning an Art Ross.

Lowest: Dale Weise. This guy is loaded with skill, speed, size, and strength. We have seen him score highlight reel goals yet when he is given a chance to play with skilled guys the puck dies on his stick. with an average level of hockey IQ he could be a 50 point player.

How am I supposed to take this seriously when most of the folks commenting about these players are, let's just say, a few bolts short of a lock... And enough with judging intelligence based on a more rough image... Looks do not reflect either high or low IQ, take Brent Burns for example...

My opinions are similar to the others.

Smart players are Henrik, Burrows, Hamhuis, and Tanev

Guys who do not seem to "get" the game are Sestito, Barker, Ebbett, Pinizotto,and Kassian (and maybe Ballard).

A consistent pattern is that smart players end up with great numbers relative to size and skills. In the top group, no one is particularly big, strong, or tough. None is a great skater and none has a booming shot. But they are just very effective in all situation.

In the low group are guys are big and strong, or who apparently have great skills (or both), but they just never put up the numbers.

I do not have Daniel in the top group. He is good, but not quite as good as Henrik or the others in that groupl

Funny how we traded away Cody who was able to generate offense, may have not been the best devensively yet, but he was young. We get Kassian who was suppose to help us for our cup run last year, but the guy takes more penalties which just makes us short handed more, and definitely isn't as skilled offensively like Cody. This is the Cam Neely trade all over again.

Archived